Sign in to follow this  
steveo

Connect To Oracle 10G Ex

Hi,

I'm a FusionCharts newbie.

I'm trying to replicated the J2EE example "Plotting from a Database"

I'm using a Oracle 10G express and Tomcat.

I've created Factory_Master and Factory_Output tables in my hr database.

when trying to run the /DBExample/BasicDBExample.jsp I get this error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Unable to get connection, DataSource invalid: "org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (ORA-00911: invalid character

)"

I've followed the steps in the example and modified by contect.xml to this:

<Context path="/FusionCharts_J2EE" docBase="FusionCharts_J2EE"

debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">

<Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"

prefix="localhost_DBTest_log." suffix=".txt"

timestamp="true"/>

<Resource name="jdbc/myoracle"

type="javax.sql.DataSource"

auth="Container"

url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:xe"

username="hr"

password="hr"

driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"

maxWait="1"

maxActive="20"

maxIdle="10"

/>

</Context>

And modified the BasicDBExample_SD.jsp to reference the datasource <sql:setDataSource dataSource="jdbc/myoracle" />.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Hi

The Oracle Error that you are getting is indicating that you have invalid character somewhere.

Are you by any chance using any such character in the username or password while setting the datasource?

Please check this once.

Hope this helps.

Srividya Sharma

Hi

The Oracle Error that you are getting is indicating that you have invalid character somewhere.

Are you by any chance using any such character in the username or password while setting the datasource?

Please check this once.

Hope this helps.

Srividya Sharma

thanks for your reply.

I followed your advice. I didn't see anything that might cause the error.

I'm trying to use an Oracle view to retreive the data. The errow I'm getting now is:

exception org.apache.jasper.JasperException: An exception occurred processing JSP page /JSP/J2EE/DBExample/BasicDBExample_SD4.jsp at line 2219: <c:set var="strXML"20: value="<chart caption='Factory Output report' subCaption='By Quantity' pieSliceDepth='30' showBorder='1' formatNumberScale='0' numberSuffix=' Units' animation='${animateChart}'>" />21: <c:set var="strQuery" value="select * from VW_FACTORY" />22: <sql:query var="detailRow" sql="${strQuery}">23: </sql:query>24: <c:forEach var="row" items="${detailRow.rows}">25: <c:set var="FACTORYNAME" value="${row.FACTORNAME}" />Stacktrace: org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:505) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:398) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:342) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:267) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

root cause javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Unable to get connection, DataSource invalid: "org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (ORA-00911: invalid character)"

Any thoughts would be apprecidated.