mat

Can We Position Titles?

Hi,

I have been very successfully using fusion charts in many projects, so thanks it really is a great product!

I want to be able to add titles to a chart in specific positions, but I haven't found a decent solution?

Specifically, want I want to achieve is a doughnut chart of values, with a label in the middle of the donught chart displaying the total of all the values.

I'm not worried about the chart calculating the total, but I can't find a way to display anything in the middle of the chart.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks

Mat

Hi Sanjukta, thanks for quick reply :)

I have found in one of the gauge charts an <annotations> group which allows you to add shapes and text anywhere you like on the chart.

Is it possible to use these on a 2D doughnut chart?

thanks

Mat

Hi Mat,

Please note that the "Annotations" are supported by the chart/gauges of the FusionWidgets pack.

The Doughnut chart of the FusionCharts pack does not support the same.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi Sanjukta

Thanks for your reply.

I have managed to find a way of doing this. By using the AngularGauge from the FusionWidgets pack, and setting it to have no markings and take up 360degrees, I can create my own doughnut chart with coloured segments. By setting the dial properties to 0 it effectively dissappears and I can then use annotations to position text in the middle of the doughnut chart!

<Chart palette="1" lowerLimit="0" upperLimit="100" gaugeStartAngle="270" gaugeEndAngle="-90" 
gaugeOuterRadius="80" gaugeInnerRadius="60%" showTickMarks='0' showTickValues='0' 
showPivotBorder='0' pivotRadius='0' decimals="1">
 - <colorRange>
   <color minValue="0" maxValue="50" />
   <color minValue="50" maxValue="90" />
   <color minValue="90" maxValue="100" />
 </colorRange>
 - <dials>
   <dial id="Dial1" value="0" showValue="0" radius="0" />
 </dials>
 - <annotations>
     <annotationGroup id="Grp1" >
       <annotation type='text' font="Arial" bold="1" size="20" color="999999" x='200' y='140' label='Total'/>
       <annotation type='text' font="Arial" bold="1" size="20" color="000000" x='200' y='160' label='£200'/>
   </annotations>
</Chart>

(Pretty messy workaround but I do get the result I was after!)

It would be really great if these annotations were available on normal fusion charts too.

Many thanks

Mat