Sign in to follow this  
krussellm

Iphone Displaying Different Colors Than Computer Browsers

Hello,

I setup my existing graph to use javascript for the iPhone. The iPhone displays the graph just fine with all of the correct values, etc. It is showing incorrect data value colors (light blue) on the iPhone browser. It works just fine on any regular computer and browser except for the iPhone. I am using Safari but I also tried another more advanced browser on my iPhone. Is there something simple I am missing to make this work correctly on the iPhone? Or is this a known issue with a quick fix? I don't see how it displays correctly on all other computers but not on the iPhone. If it is not simple and shouldn't do this, let me know and I'll post my code so it is legible in order to debug.

Thanks,

Kris

Hi,

Please confirm if you are rendering the charts on the browser in the JavaScript mode. In case you are doing so please compare and confirm if there is any marked difference while rendering chart in browser in JavaScript mode and on iPhone.

Also, please note that the JavaScript charts shows a color lighter than the color of the Flash charts and also without the gradient.

Hope this helps. :)

Thank you for the reply. I set the chart to only render javascript and I am also getting the different colors on the computer browsers as well. Using flash on the MSLine.swf chart, I set all lines going up are black, and all lines going down are red. When using javascript it is showing just a solid light blue line for all lines going up or down. So I know it's not the iPhone now. Is there any difference in the rendering that would help me set the colors correctly when using javascript? Everything looks perfect when using flash but all the line colors are completely different.

Thanks,

Kris

I have inserted the code and XML below. I have also attached the output charts to show the difference between the flash and javascript when I run them. post-12407-028916500 1297800452_thumb.jpg post-12407-002382200 1297800466_thumb.jpg

File info:

FusionCharts.js - 10/6/2010-9:44PM

MSLine.swf - 10/6/2010-4:10PM

<head id="Head1" runat="server">

<meta id="Meta1" http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" runat="server" />

<title id="NameDisplay" runat="server">Graph</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="Contents/Style.css" type="text/css" />

<script language="JavaScript" src="Charts/FusionCharts.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

</head>

<body alink="orgbo">

<div id="chartContainer">FusionCharts will load here</div>

<script type="text/javascript"><!--

FusionCharts.setCurrentRenderer('javascript');

var myChart = new FusionCharts("Charts/MSLine.swf", "myChartId", "900", "650", "0", "1");

myChart.setXMLUrl("testmulti.xml");

myChart.render("chartContainer");

// -->

</script>

Here is the XML associated with the code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<chart caption='Mail Out' subcaption='John Doe' labelPadding='10' canvasTopMargin='70' chartLeftMargin='27' chartRightMargin='25' slantLabels='0' rotateNames='1' animation='1' lineThickness='5' showLegend='0' drawAnchors='0' numVDivLines='12'>

<categories>

<category label='1/8/2010' />

<category label='1/15/2010' />

<category label='1/22/2010' />

<category label='1/29/2010' />

<category label='2/5/2010' />

<category label='2/12/2010' />

<category label='2/19/2010' />

<category label='2/26/2010' />

<category label='3/5/2010' />

<category label='3/12/2010' />

<category label='3/19/2010' />

<category label='3/26/2010' />

<category label='4/2/2010' />

<category label='4/9/2010' />

</categories>

<dataset seriesName='Total Patients Seen'>

<set value='23.00' color='000000' />

<set value='45.00' color='FF0000' />

<set value='34.00' color='000000' />

<set value='36.00' color='FF0000' />

<set value='33.00' color='FF0000' />

<set value='25.00' color='000000' />

<set value='28.00' color='FF0000' />

<set value='24.00' color='FF0000' />

<set value='21.00' color='000000' />

<set value='29.00' color='000000' />

<set value='31.00' color='000000' />

<set value='34.00' color='FF0000' />

<set value='23.00' color='000000' />

<set value='45.00' color='000000' />

</dataset>

</chart>

Hi,

I am afraid that the JavaScript charts does not support providing the "color" attribute in the <set> element, as of now. :)

As a result the color of line plot is different in Flash and JavaScript version.

We would be incorporating the feature of "color" attribute in the <set> element of the JavaScript charts in the next upgraded version.

Thank you for your continued patience and patronage.

Thank you for the information. Is there a different method to set colors in in javascript? I see different colors set in all advertisements of the iPhone javascript charts so I am assuming this is possible.

Kris