Sign in to follow this  
badrinath

Label Problem

Im using FusionCharts v3.1. The "manageLabelOverflow" and "useEllipsesWhenOverflow" attributes are not working for me , and so long labels get truncated. In one of the earlier forums you have mentioned that the above attributes will work only in FusionCharts v3.2 and later versions. I have FusionCharts v3.2 package also. Will the issue get resolved if I replace the FusionCharts.js file of v3.1 with that of v3.2 or should any other file be replaced? Or can this issue be solved in v3.1 itself?

Hi,

The attributes "manageLabelOverflow" and "useEllipsesWhenOverflow" are supported since FiusionCharts v3.2 and above. This is not supported by the earlier version than v3.2.

You would need to replace the old SWF and JS files with the latest ones to avail the features supported by the latest version.

Hope this helps. :)

Im generating a 2D Pie chart using Pie2D.swf. I replaced the FusionCharts.js , FusionChartsExportComponent.js of FusionCharts v3.1 with that of v3.2 and also included the highcharts.js from v3.2. But still the label gets truncated. Should I replace any other file? Can u give me the list of files that should be replaced?

this is my xml

<chart baseFont=""Arial"" baseFontSize=""11"" bgColor=""#FFFFFF"" borderColor=""#FFFFFF"" caption=""Userwise Tasks"" chartLeftMargin=""1"" chartRightMargin=""40"" enableSmartLabels=""1"" exportAtClient=""1"" exportDialogMessage=""Capturing data: "" exportEnabled=""1"" exportFileName=""TasksPerUser.xml"" exportHandler=""fcExporter2"" isSmartLineSlanted=""true"" manageLabelOverflow=""1"" outCnvBaseFont=""Lucida"" pieRadius=""60"" showAboutMenuItem=""0"" showZeroPies=""0"" useEllipsesWhenOverflow=""1""><set label=""K.Usha"" value=""3""/><styles><definition><style Bold=""0"" color=""3a3a3a"" font=""verdana"" name=""MyFontStyle"" size=""12"" type=""font""/></definition><application><apply styles=""MyFontStyle"" toObject=""Caption""/></application></styles><set label=""kusha+cli1"" value=""1""/><styles><definition><style Bold=""0"" color=""3a3a3a"" font=""verdana"" name=""MyFontStyle"" size=""12"" type=""font""/></definition><application><apply styles=""MyFontStyle"" toObject=""Caption""/></application></styles><set label=""Unassigned"" value=""1""/><styles><definition><style Bold=""0"" color=""3a3a3a"" font=""verdana"" name=""MyFontStyle"" size=""12"" type=""font""/></definition><application><apply styles=""MyFontStyle"" toObject=""Caption""/></application></styles><set label=""Dhanalakshmi Kesavan "" value=""3""/><styles><definition><style Bold=""0"" color=""3a3a3a"" font=""verdana"" name=""MyFontStyle"" size=""12"" type=""font""/></definition><application><apply styles=""MyFontStyle"" toObject=""Caption""/></application></styles><set label=""jenzosamuel.thomasfdsfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdf123456789"" value=""1""/><styles><definition><style Bold=""0"" color=""3a3a3a"" font=""verdana"" name=""MyFontStyle"" size=""12"" type=""font""/></definition><application><apply styles=""MyFontStyle"" toObject=""Caption""/></application></styles></chart>

Hi,

The attributes "manageLabelOverflow" and "useEllipsesWhenOverflow" are supported since FiusionCharts v3.2 and above. This is not supported by the earlier version than v3.2.

You would need to replace the old SWF and JS files with the latest ones to avail the features supported by the latest version.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Please note that the long label truncation issue still persist in the Pie chart. The same would be fixed in the upcoming minor upgrade, i.e FusionCharts v3.2.2.

FusionCharts v3.2.2 is scheduled to release in a month's time.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.