Sign in to follow this  
nitroVT9

Chart Update And Database Query

Hi,

I'm trying to do a chart update without reloading the whole page. I have managed to get this two work so long as the data is being set without accessing a database. However when I try to make a MySQL query to provide the <set> data I get the following message, 'no data to display'. The way I'm going about this is using PHP but setting the chart properties with a String containing the XML data. Is there a particular reason as to why the update is being broken because of the database query?

Thanks for your help,

-nitroVT9

Output your XML somewhere so you can see what's being generated. If it's a multiseries chart you must have the same number of dataset entries as you do category entries, otherwise you'll get that error. Just make sure you use the exact same format as one of the sample xml's on this website that work.

maybe this would help...

Hi,

I'm trying to do a chart update without reloading the whole page. I have managed to get this two work so long as the data is being set without accessing a database. However when I try to make a MySQL query to provide the <set> data I get the following message, 'no data to display'. The way I'm going about this is using PHP but setting the chart properties with a String containing the XML data. Is there a particular reason as to why the update is being broken because of the database query?

Thanks for your help,

-nitroVT9