Sign in to follow this  
Danielle Reisch

A Few Suggestions

I've been loving this tool, and how much customization is offered. It's been solving a lot of our needs. I ran into a few things I thought were missing in working on one chart, although most are just "nice to have" and not really missing functionality (save for #2):

(1) Would be nice to specify most chart settings in a separate file or function than the data source. This way, a web designer could go in and alter the way graphs looks without having to change every single data set on a site. This would also allow us to write code like [if flash is available, use these chart settings] [else, use these chart settings], since the translation of certain fonts and padding isn't perfect.

(2) I would LOVE it if there was an option to add an invisible target around each anchor on the 2d line graph. Right now, you have to target your mouse over a very tiny anchor in order to see the data tooltip. It makes it very hard to run your mouse down a line and inspect all data points. I would pay for the option to be more forgiving on the mouse hover target. I guess a possible way of doing this was if I could specify a transparent border around the anchor instead of having to pick a color.

(3) Right now, I can use the "paletteColors" chart setting to specify my line colors, but not my anchor colors, so I have to go in to each set and specify them anyway. Would be nice to be able to say "anchorColor: inherit" or something like that to be able to inherit the color of the line the anchor is on (instead of the default white.)

(4) It's a lot of extra code if I just want to tooltext to show the value only, since I have to re-write the value in the tooltext attribute. It would be easier to have a global attribute with templating so you could say toolText="[seriesName], [CategoryName], [DataValue]" or toolText="[DataValue]" only.

Edited by Danielle Reisch