Sign in to follow this  
SteveC

Disable Plotgradientcolor And Setchartparams

Hi,

I am using v3.2.1 of Fusion Charts with classic Windows ASP and Javascript code.

I've looked up the similar topics that address how to remove the plotGradientColor = ' ' and found the entry that states we can't use the SetChartParams() function with that setting.

I've been struggling to figure out an easy way to set this setting without success. I've tried using the GetXML() function to get the entire XML for the chart and then substitute the plotGradientColor setting and use the setDataXML() function to try and apply the change but haven't been successful with that approach yet either. Is there any plans to add support for this setting to the SetChartParams() function? That would make it so easy to apply.

I'm seeing behavior for the basic Bar2D charts where the plot gradients appear to be off as the EBIT_Good.jpg chart shows. post-19508-0-26300800-1311435864_thumb.jpg

However, when we use a different chart, we see the graph that appears in the EBIT_Bad.jpg where the bottom portion of the plots are black and gradually turning blue. post-19508-0-54641200-1311436126_thumb.jpg

When I enable the plotGradientColor but leave no color set, it defaults to the white bottom.

Do the single-series charts not automatically do plot gradients? Do all the charts have the same default plotGradientColor?

Sorry if this rambles a bit, but I'm just trying to figure out which charts 'default' plot gradients deviate from the documented '#ffffff' color and appears to go from black to blue and which one's don't.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Steve

Here's some more details that I've noticed in case it helps.

The plots keep their solid colors (as we want) (i.e. no gradients) for Single Series charts (except for Area) but the Multi-Series Combi charts result in the plot gradients appearing which I don't want to happen. We are mostly using the Multi-series charts so this is an issue for us.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Steve

Ok. I've finally figured out how to do what I need to with the plotGradientColor removal.

I'm using the GetXML( ) function to retrieve the XML of the chart after all properties and attributes have been set. Then I substitute the plotGradientColor's value with an empty string and then instead of calling renderChart( ) I use the renderChartFromExtXML( ) function with the XML string.

This results in the plotGradientColor being cleared as we need it to be.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Glad to know that you have managed to resolve your problem.

Happy FusionCharting!biggrin.gif

Hi,

Glad to know that you have managed to resolve your problem.

Happy FusionCharting!biggrin.gif

We have the same problem, but this solution is unacceptable. Is there no simple, global way to disable plot gradients on multi-series bar charts? I've tried adding a second (gradient) color to each bar that's the same as the base color - that ought to disable the gradient but it doesn't.

We have the same problem, but this solution is unacceptable. Is there no simple, global way to disable plot gradients on multi-series bar charts? I've tried adding a second (gradient) color to each bar that's the same as the base color - that ought to disable the gradient but it doesn't.

Found the answer in another post - in the setDataXML Graph area, include: plotGradientColor='' - this seems to turn off gradients.

This should be documented somewhere. In the documentation on gradients, many parameters say "If you have opted to include gradients..." but nowhere does it tell you how to opt (or opt out) of using gradients.