Sign in to follow this  
sparker

Dynamic Resizing Of Drag Node Chart

Hi All,

My issue is that after looking at the documentation for both fusion and powercharts (I have a license to both) in http://www.fusioncharts.com/powercharts/docs/Contents/Index.html?Dragnode/JSStrength.html there is a dynamic redraw function on change of the parent element's size. This works no problem for my bar graph and a few other charts, however with Dragnode despite the fact that I'm passing the exact same parameters the redraw does not work.

Here is what I'm passing for the render -> nav.myChart = new FusionCharts(svc.hitFusionChartServerForChartType+"DragNode.swf","navigatorChart", "100%", "100%", "0", "1" );

Any help or clarification would be appreciated, I know how to resize the chart but I don't want to have to look at every possible resize event when the function is native to my other charts.

Thanks,

Stu

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

When you set percent size to a chart, it tries to get the width/height of its parent container. It seems that the container where you are rendering the chart is not set with a proper height when the chart is rendered into it.

For example, if you have a container <div id="chartContainer"> and this DIV is not set with an absolute or relative height, the DIV's height will be zero. When a chart is rendered in this DIV with 100% height, the chart would try to derive the height of the parent DIV which is zero. The chart would render zero pixel as height. Please try once setting absolute height to the chart or the constrainer element and check.

For more details, please visit: http://www.fusioncha...centResize.html

Hope this helps.