Sign in to follow this  
ozinus

Ajax, Waiting Indcicator

Hi,

I have a web page which has a chart on it. This is more like a landing page. Now I get he data using a web service. The problem I have right now is that I don't know how to display message to the user saying ..chart is loading data. It is an ASP.Net application and chart gets generated in the page load event. How can this chart display this message "Data loading" right away as soon as user hits the and goes away when the chart is loaded.

Thanks.

OK. But how will it work in an asp.net application where we do something like this in the codebehing page load method..

output = FusionCharts.RenderChartHTML("FusionCharts/MSColumn3DLineDY.swf", "",

xmlData.ToString(), "tradeAnalytics", ChartWidth, ChartHeight, false, true);

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

FusionCharts v3 allows you to change the various messages that gets displayed to the user like "No data to display", "Loading Chart", "Retrieving data" etc.

For more details, please visit: http://www.fusioncha...rtMessages.html

Hope this helps.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Please find the modified code below:

output = FusionCharts.RenderChartHTML("FusionCharts/MSColumn3DLineDY.swf?ChartNoDataText=Your custom message.", "", xmlData.ToString(), "tradeAnalytics", ChartWidth, ChartHeight, false, true);

Hope this helps.

Chart does not get displayed till it has all of the data (Not even the message). I have updated it as you suggested but no message gets displayed...page appears white and than the chart. No custom message ...

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Please find the modified code below:

output = FusionCharts.RenderChartHTML("FusionCharts/MSColumn3DLineDY.swf?ChartNoDataText=Your custom message.", "", xmlData.ToString(), "tradeAnalytics", ChartWidth, ChartHeight, false, true);

Hope this helps.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Could you please confirm the operating system, FusionCharts and browser version you are using?

Awaiting for your response.

I have figured out a way to get it to work. Using timer and Ajax call.

Hi,

Could you please confirm the operating system, FusionCharts and browser version you are using?

Awaiting for your response.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Glad to know that you have managed to resolve your problem.

Happy FusionCharting! biggrin.gif

OK. This does not work in all browsers.

Is there any recommended elegant solution for Asp.Net application to display progress while data is being loaded from the web service.

You posted a link earlier on for chart messages but the question is if my chart only exists in code behind..how can i display the message like..."Data loading...."

Will really help...

Hi,

Glad to know that you have managed to resolve your problem.

Happy FusionCharting! biggrin.gif