Sign in to follow this  
KenGartner

Having problems setting color of segments in multitier Pie using XML

I have been revising the MLPIE HTML/XML examples included with PowerCharts v3. I want to specifically change the color of individual pie sections using an absolute hex value. When I select a hex value that is not a member of the palette [as listed in DefaultColors.as], then it seems to be mapped magically to one of the supported colors in the palette even though I have removed the 'palette' attribute from the 'chart' element.

My specific use case calls for the ability to show gray, bright yellow, bright green and bright red, but these are not members of the palette. Setting individual 'category' elements with 'fillColor' attribute only yields pie segments with one of the palette colors and never another color.

I realize I cannot change the palette for the multi-tier pie chart, but how can I set the pie segment attribute in the XML file so that it ignores any palette restrictions? For example, can you revise the following line from the example MLPIE1.HTML example so that it will display the wedge in a bright red color?

<category label='CIO' hoverText='More details can come here...' fillColor='DAEDFC' link='n-http://www.InfoSoftGlobal.com/FusionCharts?Details=CIO' >

Thanks.

Regards,

Ken