Sign in to follow this  
Surya

Linkd Charts Throws A Pop-Up Error

Hi,

I had upgraded from FusionCharts V 3.0 to V 3.2.2 and am working with linked charts. The linked charts were working fine with the older version, but now upon upgradation, the graphs render, but when I click the graph for a drill down , it pops up a window saying "Unable to download,Unspecified Error".. I had gone through the posts in the forum on the same issue and tried out the solutions mentioned,like I had tried replacing "link = "javascript:myJsMethod()"" with "j-myJsMethod", but it still did not work out. Is there a workaround for this issue as it is a little urgent.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please confirm whether you are running the linked chart from local file system?

Due to Flash Player security implementation, links from charts would not work if you run the chart from local file system. To make the links work, as well make all the chart API's work, you would need to configure Flash Player Global Security Settings.

Flash Player's Global Security implementation blocks JavaScript to interact with charts (Flash charts) when you are running the the web page/application with charts from local file system. To configure Flash Player Global Security Settings (to enable links and chart APIs) and enable JavaScript calls from charts, you would need to add the folder containing the chart SWF files to Flash Player's Trusted Zone.

For more details, please refer to the link: http://www.fusioncharts.com/Tools/FlashPlayerSecuritySetup/HowToSetup.html

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I am running from local file system only. And I had verified my Flash Settings to be similar to the one you have mentioned. Still no success.. :(.. I had just replaced my old version .swf files and .js files with the new ones in my application repository. Expected it to work the same as before, didn't turn out to be..

Hi,

I had cleared my browser cache and the pop-up still keeps coming,upon clicking the graph. I have not made any changes in my XML. The only change I did was , replacing the .swf and .js files. No clue as to why this does'nt work.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Could you please send us the entire code to look into the issue?

Please confirm the FusionCharts version, browser version and operating system you are using.

Awaiting for your response.

Hi,

It is a JSF project . Here is FusionChart related code from one of my xhtml pages. The value of "graphOutput" is hard-coded with

String graphOutput = "<chart caption='Weekly Sales Summary' xAxisName='Week' yAxisName='Amount' numberPrefix='$'> <set label='Week 1' value='14400' /> </chart>";

in visualController.java file. When I run the code it displays "No data to display".

<div id="chartdiv" align="center">The chart will appear

within this DIV. This text will be replaced by the chart.</div>

<script

src="${facesContext.externalContext.requestContextPath}/css/FusionCharts.js"

language="JavaScript" />

<script type="text/javascript">

var myChart = new FusionCharts("${facesContext.externalContext.requestContextPath}/images/charts/StackedColumn3D.swf", "myChartId", "800", "400", "0", "1");

alert("#{visualController.graphOutput}");

myChart.setDataXML("#{visualController.graphOutput}");

myChart.render("chartdiv");

</script>

I am using FusionCharts 3.2.2, IE 8 and Windows 7 OS.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

It seems from your code that you might be using a multi-series chart SWF and providing data in single-series format or vice-versa. In this case , you'll get a "No data to display" message.

To know more about FusionCharts data format, please visit the links below:

http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/?DataFormats/XML/Overview.html

http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/?DataFormats/XML/SingleSeries.html

http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/?DataFormats/XML/MultiSeries.html

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I noticed that I was using StackedChart.swf, while I was providing data with Single-Series data. The graph renders now. But upon clicking the graph,the link does not work. I am using the same code as i had pasted in my previous post.I have changed only the chart type. It now shows a error saying.

Webpage error details

Timestamp: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 07:56:59 UTC

Message: A FusionChart oject with the specified id "myChartId" already exists. Renaming it to chartobject-1

Line: 27

Char: 481

Code: 0

URI: http://localhost:8080/gmproject/css/FusionCharts.js

I am pasting my code once again,

Code:

<div id="chartdiv" align="center">The chart will appear

within this DIV. This text will be replaced by the chart.</div>

<script

src="${facesContext.externalContext.requestContextPath}/css/FusionCharts.js"

language="JavaScript" />

var myChart = new FusionCharts("images/charts/Column3D.swf", "myChartId", "800", "400", "0", "1");

myChart.setDataXML("#{visualController.graphOutput}");

myChart.render("chartdiv");

</script>

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please confirm whether you are using multiple chart in your webpage?

The process of embedding multiple charts is similar to that of embedding a single chart. You just need to take care of the following:

1.Each chart on the page should have a unique DOM-Id (which is specified in the JavaScript constructor).

2.Each chart should be denoted by a unique JavaScript variable name (e.g., var chart1 = new FusionCharts (...); var chart2 = new FusionCharts(...); ).

3. Each chart should be rendered in separate HTML container (DIV, SPAN etc), each container having unique id. The chart embedding code must contain a reference to the ID of the container where the chart is to be rendered ( render("chart1div") ; .. render("chart2Div"); ).

More details at: http://www.fusioncha...ipleCharts.html

Hope this helps.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please confirm the FusionCharts version, browser version and operating system you are using?

Hi,

Please find the latest JS files attached for your reference.

You would need to copy these JS files in your charts folder.

Hope this helps.

I copied the files into my charts folder. No change, I still get the same error. FYI, I am using the linked chart functionality of fusion charts to implement drill down. I'm able to get the initial chart, but am getting the error in the first level of drill down. The error points out to FusionCharts.js file....

Webpage error details

Line: 76

Char: 261

Code: 0

URI: http://localhost:8080/gmproject/css/FusionCharts.js

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Please try to enable the Compatibility Mode in IE 8 and see if this helps.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Please try to enable the Compatibility Mode in IE 8 and see if this helps.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Tried. No good..sad.gif We are using pure Javascript functions in our webpage and not the XML embedded type. We are clueless as to why this is not working, as the code remains the same, which was working fine with Fusion Charts V 3.0...

Guest Angshu

Hi,

You seems to be using Data URL method (provide data to chart from files or streams) to provide chart data. Many browsers restrict JavaScript from accessing local file system owing to security reasons. The JavaScript charts, when running locally, would not be able to access data provided as a URL. If you run the files from a server, it will run absolutely fine, as the data is then read and streamed by the server, without the need for JavaScript to directly access local filesystem. When running locally, however, if you provide the data as string (using the Data String method), it works fine.

Hope this helps.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Please find the beta SR zip file attached for your reference.

Please note that we would release the same very shortly.

Please copy these files in your charts folder and let us know the result.

FusionChartsSR1-beta2.zip

Hi,

We are not using the DataURL method. We are using the DataString method only to set the XML data for the chart. The XML data for the chart is present in a JSF variable.

I am using this line of my code in my XHTML page:

myChart.setXMLData("#{visualController.graphOutput}");

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Could you please try once with the latest JS files attached with the previous post?

Hi,

Could you please try once with the latest JS files attached with the previous post?

I am trying with the latest JS files sent by you in the earlier post. I am still facing the same problem.

Hi,

Have you tried with " FusionChartsSR1-beta2.zip " attachment?

Please find the attachment.

Yes, I have tried. It is not displaying the drill down chart. There is no error displayed. The chart area is blank for the drilled down chart.

Yes, I have tried. It is not displaying the drill down chart. There is no error displayed. The chart area is blank for the drilled down chart.

Please reply if you have any other suggestions with you for this issue. I am still stuck at the same point.