Sign in to follow this  
jamonakes

Real time chart update

I am trying to do a real time chart update using AJAX+ASP. I havent seen an example where it does what I require, but there is an example found at http://www.fusioncharts.com/LiveDemos.asp?gMenuItemId=4 , FusionCharts + JavaScript (AJAX) Integration which is the closest to what I require. In the example, when "Animate chart while changing data?" is unchecked, everytime any of the product options are unchecked the graph instantly re-renders reflecting the new choices.

My question is, is it possible now, instead of an onUncheck event to trigger the re-rendering of the graph, a real time 'onDataChange' event triggering the re-rendering? For example, if the client is doing some smart polling, or if I am able to present the data to the client-side through other ways, how can I make the chart to re-render everytime it is provided with new data chunks without human intervention? I hope my questions is clear. We bought FusionCharts and Gadgets yesterday so we are pretty new and require it for use before Wednesday. Thank you

Hi,

Using the real time charts in FusionGadgets, you can ask the chart to constantly poll your server every x seconds to look for incremental data update. However, you cannot change the entire chart's data.