Sign in to follow this  
bazooka

Sinlge Series 2D Bar Issue With Legendbox

Using your example for the Single Series 2D Bar: Gallery\Bar\Bar2D1.html I want to show the legend box at the bottom, but it won't show up. Also the labelWidthPercent isn't working, I assume the bar width will decrease with this setting but nothing happens. I'm I missing something?

var dataString ='<chart caption="Brand Winner" showBorder="0" showLegend="1" labelWidthPercent="5" yAxisName="Brand Value ($ m)" xAxisName="Brand" bgColor="F1F1F1" showValues="0" canvasBorderThickness="1" canvasBorderColor="999999" plotFillAngle="330" plotBorderColor="999999" showAlternateVGridColor="1" divLineAlpha="0">\n\

<set label="Coca-Cola" value="67000" toolText="2006 Rank: 1, Country: US"/> \n\

<set label="Microsoft" value="56926" toolText="2006 Rank: 2, Country: US"/> \n\

<set label="IBM" value="56201" toolText="2006 Rank: 3, Country: US"/> \n\

<set label="GE" value="48907" toolText="2006 Rank: 4, Country: US"/> \n\

<set label="Intel" value="32319" toolText="2006 Rank: 5, Country: US"/> \n\

<set label="Nokia" value="30131" toolText="2006 Rank: 6, Country: Finland"/> \n\

<set label="Toyota" value="27941" toolText="2006 Rank: 7, Country: Japan"/> \n\

<set label="Disney" value="27848" toolText="2006 Rank: 8, Country: US"/> \n\

<set label="McDonalds" value="27501" toolText="2006 Rank: 9, Country: US"/> \n\

<set label="Mercedes-Benz" value="21795" toolText="2006 Rank: 10, Country: Germany"/> \n\

</chart>';

Guest Bindhu

Hi,

Thank you for the post :)

Please find the response below, as applicable,

Using your example for the Single Series 2D Bar: Gallery\Bar\Bar2D1.html I want to show the legend box at the bottom, but it won't show up.

>> FusionCharts supports Legends only in multi-series/combination charts and not in single series Bar 2D chart.

In multi-series/combination charts, the series name of each data-set shows up in the legend of the chart.

Starting v3.2, each series is represented by its own icon.

Starting v3.2, the legend is interactive. That is, when you click on each legend icon, it hides the data-set corresponding to that item.

For more information on Legends please refer to the link below,

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/AttDesc/Legend.html

Also the labelWidthPercent isn't working, I assume the bar width will decrease with this setting but nothing happens.

>> Can you please try using the 'maxLabelWidthPercent' attribute of the chart ?

This attribute restricts the maximum length of data labels in terms of percentage of the charts width that the data labels can occupy.

If a data label is longer than the specified percentage width then it will either be wrapped or get truncated, subject to availability of vertical space.

Unnecessary space is not reserved for the data labels, in case all of them are shorter than the specified maximum width.

For more information on ' Bar 2D Chart Specification Sheet', please refer to the link below,

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/ChartSS/Bar2D.html

Hope this helps !!

Happy FusionCharting :D