Sign in to follow this  
Eilons

Linked Charts With Php

Hey everyone!

I have got a question about linked charts (combination 
charts) with database.

I read the tutorial in this topic in [url="http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/?PHP_DB.html"]http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/?PHP_DB.html[/url] and 
i cant understand why it is not showing the two charts on the same page when I 
pressed. 
Here is my code: (I have alreday checked all my queary and it's 
working fine)

<?php
include("../../FusionCharts_Evaluation/Code/PHP/Includes/FusionCharts.php");
include("Functions.php");
include '../../func/form_function.php' ;
?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "[url="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"]http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd[/url]">
<HTML>
<head>
<title>תרומות לפי התפלגות שנים </title>
       <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../../STYLE/style_chart.css"/>
       <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../../STYLE/style_button.css"/>
       <script LANGUAGE="Javascript" SRC="../../FusionCharts_Evaluation/Charts/FusionCharts.js"></SCRIPT>
 <script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
  function updateChart(factoryIndex){
   var strURL = "ChartByYearData.php?year=" + factoryIndex;

FusionCharts("DonationByYear").setXMLUrl(strURL);
   }
 </SCRIPT>
</head>
<body DIR="RTL" >

<CENTER>
<?PHP

date_default_timezone_set('Asia/Tel_Aviv');

$year1=$_GET["year1"];
$year2=$_GET["year2"];

$strXML="<chart caption='  $year2 :לבין $year1 :סך תרומות בשקלים בין ' formatNumberScale='0' yAxisMaxValue='1' numberPrefix='שח' xAxisName='שנים' yAxisName='תרומות' centerYaxisName='0' baseFontSize='15'>";
$data=DonationAmountYear($year1,$year2);

$labels=array();
for ($LowYear=$year1; $LowYear<=$year2; $LowYear++)
 {
  $labels[]= $LowYear;
 }

for ($LowYear=$year1; $LowYear<=$year2; $LowYear++)
 {
  $links[]= $LowYear;
 } 

for($i=0; $i< sizeof($data); $i++) {
       $strXML .= "<set label='" . $labels[$i] . "' value='" . $data[$i] . "' link='javaScript:updateChart(" . $links[$i] . ")'/>";
       }

//Close <chart> element
   $strXML .= "</chart>";

echo renderChart("../../FusionCharts_Evaluation/Code/FusionCharts/Column3D.swf", "", $strXML, "DonationByRangeYear", 700, 500, false, true);
 echo renderChart("../../FusionCharts_Evaluation/Code/FusionCharts/Column3D.swf?ChartNoDataText=לחץ על שנה בגרף למעלה כדי להציג פירוט לפי חודשים.", "", "<chart></chart>", "DonationByYear", 600, 250, false, true);        
 mysql_close($dbcnx);

?>
</center>
<div class="buttonwrapper">
<a class="ovalbutton" href="DisplayOptions.html" style="margin-left: 6px"><span>חזרה</span></a>
</div>

</body>
</html>

***The javascript calling to this page:

<?php
include("../../FusionCharts_Evaluation/Code/PHP/Includes/FusionCharts.php");
include("Functions.php");

include '../../func/form_function.php' ;

date_default_timezone_set('Asia/Tel_Aviv');

$year=$_GET['year'];

$strXML="<chart palette='2' caption=' $year :בשנת בשקלים תרומות סך ' formatNumberScale='0' yAxisMaxValue='1' numberPrefix='שח' xAxisName='חודשים' yAxisName='תרומות' centerYaxisName='0' baseFontSize='15'>";

$data=DonationAmount($year);

$labels[0]="Jan";
$labels[1]="Feb";
$labels[2]="Mar";
$labels[3]="Apr";
$labels[4]="May";
$labels[5]="Jun";
$labels[6]="Jul";
$labels[7]="Aug";
$labels[8]="Sep";
$labels[9]="Oct";
$labels[10]="Nov";
$labels[11]="Dec";

for($i=0; $i< sizeof($data); $i++) {
       $strXML .= "<set label='" . $labels[$i] . "' value='" . $data[$i] . "' />";
       }
   //Close <chart> element
   $strXML .= "</chart>";

echo $strXML;

mysql_close($dbcnx);

?>

this is a picture of what i'm getting after pressing the link:

THANKS!!!

post-23700-0-83013600-1325589086_thumb.png

Hi,

echo renderChart("../../FusionCharts_Evaluation/Code/FusionCharts/Column3D.swf", "", $strXML, "DonationByRangeYear", 700, 500, false, true);

>>The above code is displayed as Column 3D chart in the image you had attached.

echo renderChart("../../FusionCharts_Evaluation/Code/FusionCharts/Column3D.swf?ChartNoDataText=לחץ על שנה בגרף למעלה כדי להציג פירוט לפי חודשים.", "", "<chart></chart>", "DonationByYear", 600, 250, false, true);

>>The above code doesn't contain any data that could be plotted by FusionCharts.

In this case, your XML just contains the <chart> </chart> tags without any data between them.

I hope this helps :)

Hi! Thank you for your quick answer.

you suggested me to handle the line with <chart></chart> but it was wirten in the tutorial that <chart></chart> used for initalization and by writting "DonationByYear" it's calling to the script function to generate the xml file.

Am i missing something in this tutorial? http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/?PHP_DB.html

Hi,

>>The above code is displayed as Column 3D chart in the image you had attached.

>>The above code doesn't contain any data that could be plotted by FusionCharts.

In this case, your XML just contains the <chart> </chart> tags without any data between them.

I hope this helps :)

Edited by Eilons

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Thanks for the post.

Upon going through your code I have concluded that your codeseems correct. As you are taking data for chart by using some functions which are defined in a separate *.php file.

But please check the below mentioned in your code for conformation:

1. Enable the debug mode and check whether the XMLis generated correctly after clicking the link or not?

2. Check by printing the “ factoryIndex” value is getting right value or not ?

If the problem still persists then please provide the entirecode with screenshot of JavaScript debug mode enabled so that I can test itfrom my side.

Hope this helps!!

Hi,

first of all thank you for your answer!

I attached some screenshots and a view source image.

I think that there is a problem in the connection between the two pages because it's not Generating an xml file at all.

Hi,

Thanks for the post.

Upon going through your code I have concluded that your codeseems correct. As you are taking data for chart by using some functions which are defined in a separate *.php file.

But please check the below mentioned in your code for conformation:

1. Enable the debug mode and check whether the XMLis generated correctly after clicking the link or not?

2. Check by printing the “ factoryIndex” value is getting right value or not ?

If the problem still persists then please provide the entirecode with screenshot of JavaScript debug mode enabled so that I can test itfrom my side.

Hope this helps!!

post-23700-0-25913300-1325841090_thumb.png

post-23700-0-34260500-1325841102_thumb.png

post-23700-0-82611100-1325841111_thumb.png