sdl007

Multiseries Mysql Dataset

Hi Everyone

I am struggling to understand the mysql multi-series example on the docs.fusioncharts.com/charts page

Is there a much simpler example? I simply want to draw a MSline graph with three sets of data (date, temp1, temp2)... for the life of me I can not seem to figure it out.

The data is in a single table.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! smile.gif

All you would need to do is to build proper XML from the database that you query from your database. Multi-series charts have a different data format from the format of an XML for a single-series chart like pie.

To know about multi series chart XML format, please visit: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/?DataFormats/XML/MultiSeries.html

Hope this helps.

Hi Angshu

I have revisited the documentation. While I understand how the single quantity per factory is returned and plotted per each DatePro, I am uncertain how to build $strXML for my info...

Basically I have two values returned per each DatePro. A minimum temperature and a maximum temperature. So I want to see two lines on the graph, one for min and one for max per each DatePro returned... Can not see how to do this in the $strXML .= buildDatasets line...

What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! smile.gif

All you would need to do is to build proper XML from the database that you query from your database. Multi-series charts have a different data format from the format of an XML for a single-series chart like pie.

To know about multi series chart XML format, please visit: http://docs.fusionch...ultiSeries.html

Hope this helps.

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Please find the attached sample PHP code to build a XML file for "Multiseries Line" chart by taking multiple data as maxTemp and minTemp from the database. (see Attachment: demoMSLine.php)

In this code I am not using any PHP class provided by FusionCharts.

For more on Multi series charts using PHP class API please visit the link:

http://docs.fusionch...eriesChart.html

Hope this helps!!

dempMSLine.php

Edited by Sashibhusan

Hi Sashibhusan

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! this is exactly what I was trying to understand. I took your example and figured out what you were doing. I then recreated it for my situation, and I now have beautiful graphs showing the data.

Thank you so much.

They should consider putting this example into the online documentation. There is very little on the net about this kind of example.

Thank you

Stuart

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

Glad to know that you have managed to resolve your problem.

Happy FusionCharting!!! biggrin.gif