Sign in to follow this  
Tibi

Fusion Maps country, region codes

Hello,

I am using FusionMaps dinamically with PHP+MySQL, and I need the code of each country, region supported by FusionCharts, and the short name for each one.

The goal is to create a database with all the countries/regions, their internatinal codes and their corresponding FusionMaps code.

Is this data available in a format that can be put in a MySQL database (eg. SQL, CSV ...) ?? :ermm:

Regards,

Tibi

Hi,

I'm doing something similar with PHP/MySQL - i've not found a list or sql file with the required info, but i'm working my way through creating me own at the moment. I've done the continents/countries... but i have a feeling the regions are going to take a very long time due to the number that there are.

At the moment i'm copying the names/entity ids from the supplied GUI Tools and entering them into MySQL.

Edit:

I've just noticed a CSV list of all maps and their areas in this post: http://www.fusioncharts.com/forum/Topic3134-11-1.aspx however i need a couple of additions - the filename of the map which corresponds to each area, and the 'parent' map name. It would also be nice to get all the data in a single file, and a .sql file would be perfect :)

This needs to be done for a project i'm working on for a client, so If nobody else has a solution i'll enter the data manually and post up the sql files here for others.

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the post guys, this tool is making my life easyer. now i am inserting the codes in my database, country by country.

:)