Sign in to follow this  
lcornelius

Export Charts Serverside From Php

Hi all,

I have been awake 24h now trying to figure this out.

Background:

I have 10 charts on a php page that I need to export to the server as png's

Working:

I got this to work by using the documentation.

<script language="JavaScript" src="../../FusionCharts/FusionCharts.js"></script>
       <script type="text/javascript">
               function FC_Exported(objRtn){
                       if (objRtn.statusCode=="1"){
                               alert("The chart with DOM Id " + objRtn.DOMId + " was successfully saved on server. The file can be accessed from " + objRtn.fileName);
                       }else{
                               alert("The chart with DOM Id " + objRtn.DOMId + " could not be saved on server. There was an error. Description : " + objRtn.statusMessage);
                       }
               }

function ExportChart() {

var args = arguments;
                       for(var i=0; i<args.length; i++){
                               chartObject = (args[i]);
                               if ( chartObject.hasRendered() ) {
                                       chartObject.exportChart();
                               }
                       }

}

</script>

<body bgcolor="#ffffff">

<div id="chartdiv" align="center">The chart will appear within this DIV. This text will be replaced by the chart.</div>
       //Create the chart.
       var myChart = new FusionCharts("../../FusionCharts/Column2D.swf", "myChart", "400", "300", "0", "1");
       myChart.setDataURL("SaveData3.xml");
       myChart.render("chartdiv");
</script>

<div id="chartdiv2" align="center">The chart will appear within this DIV. This text will be replaced by the chart.</div>
       //Create the chart.
       var myChart2 = new FusionCharts("../../FusionCharts/Column2D.swf", "myChart2", "400", "300", "0", "1");
       myChart2.setDataURL("SaveData2.xml");
       myChart2.render("chartdiv2");
</script>

<input type="button" value="Export Charts" onclick="ExportChart()">

</body>

The problem:

I don't setup the chart objects in javascript I use the PHP module and generate the XML on the fly and feed it to the script.

Here are a example of my php code:

$XMLString  = "" ;
                                               $XMLString .= "<chart exportEnabled='1' exportAtClient='0' exportAction='save' exportHandler='../resources/FusionCharts/ExportHandlers/PHP/FCExporter.php' palette='1' exportFileName='$myLayout' decimals='1' enableSmartLabels='1' enableRotation='0' showBorder='0' startingAngle='70' paletteColors='218721,0372AB'>";
                                               while($row2 = mysql_fetch_object($resultXML)) {
                                                       $myLabel = $row2->result1 ;
                                                       if ($myLabel == 'y') { $myLabel = 'Yes' ; }
                                                       if ($myLabel == 'n') { $myLabel = 'No' ; }
                                                       if ($myLabel == 't') { $myLabel = 'True' ; }
                                                       if ($myLabel == 'f') { $myLabel = 'False' ; }
                                                       $myValue = $row2->total ;

if ($myLabel != 'NaN') {
                                                               fwrite($fh, "$myLabel: $myValue\n");
                                                               $XMLString .= "<set label='$myLabel' value='$myValue' isSliced='1'/>";
                                                       }
                                               }

$XMLString .= "</chart>";
                                               if ($myGraphType == "SSP") {
                                               ?>
                                               <tr>
                                                       <td align="center"><?echo renderChartHTML("../resources/FusionCharts/Charts/Pie3D.swf", "", $XMLString, "myChart$myLayout", 600, 300, false);?></td>
                                               </tr>
                                               <?

My charts generate so I know the code is working. The issue is, how do I press a button and export all the images?

I have a list of chart names, but can't get javascript to see the charts on the page.

Please help, I need some sleep :)

Hi all,

I have been awake 24h now trying to figure this out.

Background:

I have 10 charts on a php page that I need to export to the server as png's

Working:

I got this to work by using the documentation.

<script language="JavaScript" src="../../FusionCharts/FusionCharts.js"></script>
               function FC_Exported(objRtn){
                       if (objRtn.statusCode=="1"){
                               alert("The chart with DOM Id " + objRtn.DOMId + " was successfully saved on server. The file can be accessed from " + objRtn.fileName);
                       }else{
                               alert("The chart with DOM Id " + objRtn.DOMId + " could not be saved on server. There was an error. Description : " + objRtn.statusMessage);
                       }
               }

function ExportChart() {

var args = arguments;
                       for(var i=0; i<args.length; i++){
                               chartObject = (args[i]);
                               if ( chartObject.hasRendered() ) {
                                       chartObject.exportChart();
                               }
                       }

}

</script>

<body bgcolor="#ffffff">

<div id="chartdiv" align="center">The chart will appear within this DIV. This text will be replaced by the chart.</div>
       //Create the chart.
       var myChart = new FusionCharts("../../FusionCharts/Column2D.swf", "myChart", "400", "300", "0", "1");
       myChart.setDataURL("SaveData3.xml");
       myChart.render("chartdiv");
</script>

<div id="chartdiv2" align="center">The chart will appear within this DIV. This text will be replaced by the chart.</div>
       //Create the chart.
       var myChart2 = new FusionCharts("../../FusionCharts/Column2D.swf", "myChart2", "400", "300", "0", "1");
       myChart2.setDataURL("SaveData2.xml");
       myChart2.render("chartdiv2");
</script>

<input type="button" value="Export Charts" onclick="ExportChart()">

</body>

The problem:

I don't setup the chart objects in javascript I use the PHP module and generate the XML on the fly and feed it to the script.

Here are a example of my php code:

$XMLString  = "" ;
                                               $XMLString .= "<chart exportEnabled='1' exportAtClient='0' exportAction='save' exportHandler='../resources/FusionCharts/ExportHandlers/PHP/FCExporter.php' palette='1' exportFileName='$myLayout' decimals='1' enableSmartLabels='1' enableRotation='0' showBorder='0' startingAngle='70' paletteColors='218721,0372AB'>";
                                               while($row2 = mysql_fetch_object($resultXML)) {
                                                       $myLabel = $row2->result1 ;
                                                       if ($myLabel == 'y') { $myLabel = 'Yes' ; }
                                                       if ($myLabel == 'n') { $myLabel = 'No' ; }
                                                       if ($myLabel == 't') { $myLabel = 'True' ; }
                                                       if ($myLabel == 'f') { $myLabel = 'False' ; }
                                                       $myValue = $row2->total ;

if ($myLabel != 'NaN') {
                                                               fwrite($fh, "$myLabel: $myValue\n");
                                                               $XMLString .= "<set label='$myLabel' value='$myValue' isSliced='1'/>";
                                                       }
                                               }

$XMLString .= "</chart>";
                                               if ($myGraphType == "SSP") {
                                               ?>
                                               <tr>
                                                       <td align="center"><?echo renderChartHTML("../resources/FusionCharts/Charts/Pie3D.swf", "", $XMLString, "myChart$myLayout", 600, 300, false);?></td>
                                               </tr>
                                               <?

My charts generate so I know the code is working. The issue is, how do I press a button and export all the images?

I have a list of chart names, but can't get javascript to see the charts on the page.

Please help, I need some sleep :)

Hi all,

Don't stress, I ended up changing all my code and rendering the charts as Java obejcts.

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

I am glad that your issue has been resolved.

I appreciate your effort.:)