Sign in to follow this  
Vaishali Patil

Fusion Chart Throwing Error On Ie Browsers.

We are using the linscened copy of fusion chart, we have used multiple fusion chart on a page, we have different containers for each chart by using this we have removed the error of object already exist on a page, but the issue is that when we do post back again then we are getting the same error message again along with this some times we are getting error message like object is null or not an object, on other browsers(fire fox, safari, chrome) it is working fine but on ie browser only facing issue.

By debuging the error line in fusion chart js we have commented the throw line of catch block. now it is not throwing any error and the charts are also working okay on page on post back also.

Can you please tell us whay we are getting the error, because customise the fusion chart js is not correct things as we will not any error by commenting this line.

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

Could you please confirm, if the div id is specified with the name? for e.g.,<div id="chartContainer">

And also check if the JavaScript variable in the global window scope with the same name as that of the chart's Id?

the javascript variable name and the chart id shouldn't be same.

Ref. Code:

var myChart=new ( "FusionCharts/Column3D.swf","myChart", "300", "300", "0", "1" );

In above code, myChart is replicated as a variable name as well as a chart ID.

It should be like:

var myChart=new ( "FusionCharts/Column3D.swf","myChartID", "300", "300", "0", "1" );

I hope this helps.

Hi,

Thank you for your response,

I am using different names to the chartId and java script variable names. Please suggest any other solution.

Regards,

Vaishali.

Hi,

Could you please confirm, if the div id is specified with the name? for e.g.,<div id="chartContainer">

And also check if the JavaScript variable in the global window scope with the same name as that of the chart's Id?

the javascript variable name and the chart id shouldn't be same.

Ref. Code:

var myChart=new ( "FusionCharts/Column3D.swf","myChart", "300", "300", "0", "1" );

In above code, myChart is replicated as a variable name as well as a chart ID.

It should be like:

var myChart=new ( "FusionCharts/Column3D.swf","myChartID", "300", "300", "0", "1" );

I hope this helps.

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

Can you paste your sample code here?

It would be helpful for us, to look into the issue.

Hi,

Thank you for your response,

I am using different names to the chartId and java script variable names. Please suggest any other solution.

Regards,

Vaishali.