irishmaninusa

Exporting Charts To Individual Images

Is it possible to export the individual graphs with my report out as individual images, which can be referenced within an pdf, without having to right click a graph to generate the image? I would like to do this server side, so any help on this would be appreciated.

Hi,

Is it possible to export the individual graphs with my report out as individual images, which can be referenced within an pdf, without having to right click a graph to generate the image? I would like to do this server side, so any help on this would be appreciated.

Could you please confirm if you are trying to export the charts without rendering in the browser or export the charts automatically without any right-click?

Awaiting your reply.

Hi,

Could you please confirm if you are trying to export the charts without rendering in the browser or export the charts automatically without any right-click?

Awaiting your reply.

I was initially trying to get them to do it without have to render in the browser, but I was not seeing anyway around this, so I did find a solution that kind of work. However, this has a side affect that I really dont like. so what I have done is set up js function, that I call from a button click event which exports the graph using a function called ExportChart (or somehthing like that, I don't have the code of front of me). This calls my handler and exports the graphs to the server, which is all fine, except for when you right click on the graph. it still lets you save, but everything gets written to the server.

In the ideal world, I would like to give the end user the ability to save the graphs individual, but also to have a option that will save them to the server and kick off the pdf build process. That incorporates the graph images into the pdf, hence that is why I though it was possible to do this on the server without rendering the charts.

Guest Sumedh

I was initially trying to get them to do it without have to render in the browser, but I was not seeing anyway around this, so I did find a solution that kind of work. However, this has a side affect that I really dont like. so what I have done is set up js function, that I call from a button click event which exports the graph using a function called ExportChart (or somehthing like that, I don't have the code of front of me). This calls my handler and exports the graphs to the server, which is all fine, except for when you right click on the graph. it still lets you save, but everything gets written to the server.

In the ideal world, I would like to give the end user the ability to save the graphs individual, but also to have a option that will save them to the server and kick off the pdf build process. That incorporates the graph images into the pdf, hence that is why I though it was possible to do this on the server without rendering the charts.

Hi,

If you are willing to export the charts directly as images(JPG/JPEG/PNG/PDF directly) without rendering it in the browser, Our developers have created a .NET based server-side Image Saver Assembly that allows exporting charts as images without rendering it in the browser.

Please note that this works only using .Net framework of Windows. This is an internal implementation, which is not included and/or associated with the FusionCharts pack.

Please drop in a request at [email protected] to get the .NET based Image Saver Assembly.

Hi,

If you are willing to export the charts directly as images(JPG/JPEG/PNG/PDF directly) without rendering it in the browser, Our developers have created a .NET based server-side Image Saver Assembly that allows exporting charts as images without rendering it in the browser.

Please note that this works only using .Net framework of Windows. This is an internal implementation, which is not included and/or associated with the FusionCharts pack.

Please drop in a request at [email protected] to get the .NET based Image Saver Assembly.

I will drop them a line., is .net 4 based or earlier?

Edited by irishmaninusa

Sure you can send in a request.:)

Image Saver Assembly developed using .NET framework starts supporting from version 2 of .NET

thanks for passing this on, I downloaded the zip file, now I just need to integrate it into my site. Only problem that I can see right now is that it requires flash player to be installed on the server, and this site is going to run in a shared environment, so I will have to come up with an alternative solution for that. Otherwise this exactly what I was looking, thanks again.