AndyButler

Update Panel Problems

Hi,

Can somebody help please.

I have a page which is in a master page, I have a graph which dispalys no problem i have 2 button next to the graph all in the same update panel. One loads the graph with data showing stock items by value and the other by quality. When i press the button the graph disappears and the word chart. is all that shown. If i change the page load i can show either type of graph no problem but a sson as i change to the type say qty to value the graph disappears. Not sure why are there special script tags i need for update panels and a master page. I have tried all the downloadable examples and copied them i have been trying for hours and the same ting happens.

Please can should show an example or point me the right direction?

thanks

Ansy

Not quality, Quantity

Please can somebody help I'm at a complete loss. I cant be the only person using a master page with a graph in an update panel and trying to make the graph change on a button click.

Please Please can somebody help

thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

Could you please use "renderChart" method to render the chart ?

Hence, the only way is to use "renderChart" method using JavaScript. But again this does not render the chart when used with AJAX. This error occurs because this is a limitation of AJAX and our chart, where AJAX does not execute the <script> tag and hence the JavaScript code within the tag also stops working that stops the chart from rendering.

However, we have provided a work-around to this issue and modified the JS file to "updatepanelhook.fusioncharts.js" script that helps in rendering the chart. This modified script manager to load a JS script reference ("updatepanelhook.fusioncharts.js") which handles AJAX Client events (and render chart).

The code to add this reference is as follows:

Ref.- <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">

<scripts>

<asp:ScriptReference Path="~/UpdatePanel/updatepanelhook.fusioncharts.js" />

</Scripts>

</asp:ScriptManager>

For further details on the above, please refer to the following link.

Ref.- http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/?guide-for-web-developers/csnet/CS_UpdatePanel.html

Please note that all the codes provided in the above link along with the "updatepanelhook.fusioncharts.js" are present in FusionCharts XT (v3.2.2)Download Package >> Code >> CS >> UpdatePanel folder.

In case this hook does not help, you may modify the "updatepanelhook.fusioncharts.js" script as per your requirement and get the response back and execute to render the chart, thus solving your requirement.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi,

Hence, the only way is to use "renderChart" method using JavaScript. But again this does not render the chart when used with AJAX. This error occurs because this is a limitation of AJAX and our chart, where AJAX does not execute the <script> tag and hence the JavaScript code within the tag also stops working that stops the chart from rendering.

However, we have provided a work-around to this issue and modified the JS file to "updatepanelhook.fusioncharts.js" script that helps in rendering the chart. This modified script manager to load a JS script reference ("updatepanelhook.fusioncharts.js") which handles AJAX Client events (and render chart).

<scripts>

</Scripts>

Ref.- http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/?guide-for-web-developers/csnet/CS_UpdatePanel.html

Please note that all the codes provided in the above link along with the "updatepanelhook.fusioncharts.js" are present in FusionCharts XT (v3.2.2)Download Package >> Code >> CS >> UpdatePanel folder.

In case this hook does not help, you may modify the "updatepanelhook.fusioncharts.js" script as per your requirement and get the response back and execute to render the chart, thus solving your requirement.

Hope this helps.

<scripts>

</Scripts>

Hope this helps.