jdu

Scroll Bar And Clickurl In Gantt Charts

I have a gantt chart with a clickURL attribute for linking to a larger version of the chart. The chart also displays a scrollbar, but when the scrollbar is clicked, the clickURL link immediately loads. I don't want this to happen. Is it possible to setup the chart so that clicking anywhere within the chart EXCEPT the scrollbar loads the clickURL link? Thanks.

Edited by jdu

Guest Sumedh

I have a gantt chart with a clickURL attribute for linking to a larger version of the chart. The chart also displays a scrollbar, but when the scrollbar is clicked, the clickURL link immediately loads. I don't want this to happen. Is it possible to setup the chart so that clicking anywhere within the chart EXCEPT the scrollbar loads the clickURL link? Thanks.

Hi,

Can you paste your sample code and XML here?

It would be helpful to look into it.

Hi,

Can you paste your sample code and XML here?

It would be helpful to look into it.

Sample code attached. Thanks for the quick reply.

xml.txt

Guest Bindhu

Hi,

If you define 'clickUrl', the entire chart will act as the hotspot and it is an intended behavior.

Now, if you have the scroll bar within the chart, then you have to click and drag the scroll bar and then release it, to scroll over the chart.

Hope this clarifies!

Edited by Bindhu

If you define 'clickUrl', the entire chart will act as the hotspot and it is an intended behavior.

So you are saying that the clickURL link will override any other click function within the chart including scrollbars, and that is intended functionality? What if I want the entire chart except for the scrollbar to be the hotspot? Is there no other way to configure it to work like that?

Guest Sumedh

So you are saying that the clickURL link will override any other click function within the chart including scrollbars, and that is intended functionality? What if I want the entire chart except for the scrollbar to be the hotspot? Is there no other way to configure it to work like that?

Hi,

If you don't want to have a link on the scroll-bar, you can use following work-around.

As a work-around , you would need to specify link attribute for each elements of the Gantt Chart.

Ref. Code:

<category start="2012/02/26 00:00:00" end="2012/03/04 00:00:00" name="02/26/2012" fontSize="10" fontColor="324309" bgColor="f0f5e4" link="http://www.fusioncharts.com"/>

For more information refer the following URL:

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?FirstChart/LinkedCharts.html