poncha

Pie3D Slice Border

I'm trying to add a border to slices in Pie3D chart.

The manual states i need to add borderColor parameter to set element to do so, however it doesn't seem to have any effect.

I'm using FusionCharts XT v3.2.2

Here's sample xml i'm feeding the chart with:

<chart decimals="1" enableSmartLabels="1" enableRotation="1" startingAngle="70" animation="1" defaultAnimation="1" bgColor="EEEEEE" paletteColors="ff9999,dd3300,ffee99,ffcc22,99ffdd,33cc66,cceeff,00aaee,f0fff0,c1cdc1" caption="Light / Heavy Users per Application">
<set label="Microsoft Outlook Light Users" value="47" isSliced="1" color="ff9999" borderColor="dd3300" />
<set label="Microsoft Outlook Heavy Users" value="53" isSliced="1" color="dd3300" borderColor="dd3300" />
<set label="Microsoft Excel Light Users" value="68" isSliced="1" color="ffee99" borderColor="ffcc22" />
<set label="Microsoft Excel Heavy Users" value="30" isSliced="1" color="ffcc22" borderColor="ffcc22" />
<set label="Microsoft Word Light Users" value="69" isSliced="1" color="99ffdd" borderColor="33cc66" />
<set label="Microsoft Word Heavy Users" value="31" isSliced="1" color="33cc66" borderColor="33cc66" />
<set label="Microsoft Powerpoint Light Users" value="86" isSliced="1" color="cceeff" borderColor="00aaee" />
<set label="Microsoft Powerpoint Heavy Users" value="4" isSliced="1" color="00aaee" borderColor="00aaee" />
</chart>

Also, you might notice (by labels) that i have two slices for each application, so it would be nice if i had an option to group them in some way (for example, make them stack together when "sliced").

Since i didn't find such an option and there is no multi-series Pie3D, i am trying to make use of border (make borders of the related slices be the same to make them visually related).

But i'm obviously missing some additional parameter like thickness (though manual shows no such thing for set element) because borders just don't appear at all

Please, help me identify what's wrong with this picture ;)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by poncha

Guest Sumedh

I'm trying to add a border to slices in Pie3D chart.

The manual states i need to add borderColor parameter to set element to do so, however it doesn't seem to have any effect.

I'm using FusionCharts XT v3.2.2

Here's sample xml i'm feeding the chart with:

<chart decimals="1" enableSmartLabels="1" enableRotation="1" startingAngle="70" animation="1" defaultAnimation="1" bgColor="EEEEEE" paletteColors="ff9999,dd3300,ffee99,ffcc22,99ffdd,33cc66,cceeff,00aaee,f0fff0,c1cdc1" caption="Light / Heavy Users per Application">
<set label="Microsoft Outlook Light Users" value="47" isSliced="1" color="ff9999" borderColor="dd3300" />
<set label="Microsoft Outlook Heavy Users" value="53" isSliced="1" color="dd3300" borderColor="dd3300" />
<set label="Microsoft Excel Light Users" value="68" isSliced="1" color="ffee99" borderColor="ffcc22" />
<set label="Microsoft Excel Heavy Users" value="30" isSliced="1" color="ffcc22" borderColor="ffcc22" />
<set label="Microsoft Word Light Users" value="69" isSliced="1" color="99ffdd" borderColor="33cc66" />
<set label="Microsoft Word Heavy Users" value="31" isSliced="1" color="33cc66" borderColor="33cc66" />
<set label="Microsoft Powerpoint Light Users" value="86" isSliced="1" color="cceeff" borderColor="00aaee" />
<set label="Microsoft Powerpoint Heavy Users" value="4" isSliced="1" color="00aaee" borderColor="00aaee" />
</chart>

Also, you might notice (by labels) that i have two slices for each application, so it would be nice if i had an option to group them in some way (for example, make them stack together when "sliced").

Since i didn't find such an option and there is no multi-series Pie3D, i am trying to make use of border (make borders of the related slices be the same to make them visually related).

But i'm obviously missing some additional parameter like thickness (though manual shows no such thing for set element) because borders just don't appear at all

Please, help me identify what's wrong with this picture ;)

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

To have a border and border effects on slices of pie chart, you would need use following configuration in your chart XML:

> showPlotBorder - for enabling border on pie slices.

> plotBorderColor - to add color on the border.

> plotBorderThickness - to customize the thickness of border.

> plotBorderAlpha - to customize the transparency level of border.

Ref. Code:

<chart ... showPlotBorder='1' plotBorderColor='000000' plotBorderThickness='4' plotBorderAlpha='100'>

Also note, grouping of slices to make one slice (stacked slice) is not available in Pie Chart as it represents data for single series.

For more information, refer the following URL:

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?ChartSS/Pie3D.html

Also, find attached screen-shot for your reference which is rendered using the same XML with border configurations.

post-24802-0-72526300-1338381838_thumb.png

The question was answered on StackOverflow: http://stackoverflow...3d-slice-border

For borders to actually appear, you need to set plotBorderThickness (and optionally plotBorderAlpha) on the chart element. By default, thickness on pie3d charts is 0, and alpha is very low.

Oops, did not notice the update by Admin here as well ;)

Thanks for the information!

P.S. it would be nice to add a note near borderColor in the documentation that it is dependent on the plotBorder* settings on the chart

Edited by poncha

Guest Sumedh

The question was answered on StackOverflow: http://stackoverflow...3d-slice-border

For borders to actually appear, you need to set plotBorderThickness (and optionally plotBorderAlpha) on the chart element. By default, thickness on pie3d charts is 0, and alpha is very low.

Oops, did not notice the update by Admin here as well ;)

Thanks for the information!

P.S. it would be nice to add a note near borderColor in the documentation that it is dependent on the plotBorder* settings on the chart

Hi,

Chart has other border related cosmetics with respect to the other elements of chart.

The plotBorderColor refers to the border of the plot.

Similarly, lengendBorderColor is for legend element whereas borderColor attribute is for the whole chart.

Thus, attributes are classified with respect to the chart elements.