emesol0

Performance Issue When Increasing Chart Xml Data

Hello...I've a performance issue on IE. I'm rendering the chart (Multi-series 2D line chart) in Javascript mode, the chart is first rendered in a JSP page with small amount of data passed as string to the method setXMLData().

After page load, each minute an ajax request is made and a new string is retrieved in the response, then passed to the same chart object for rendering again, but this time with larger data. After 5 minutes, when the size of the string is too long, there is a performance issue and the graph takes time to load, and this time increases according to the amount of data in the string (I've more than one chart object, each renders different increasing results, its like a dashboard).

What i'm trying to do is to make the charts act dynamically and update it self periodically. I dont know if there is a better way to do this or what...since I'm brand new to fusion charts and i'm stick to deadline.

Thanks all!

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Thank you for the post.

With regard to your query, please note that the charts of the FusionCharts Suite have varying data plot limits which depends on the chart type that you are using.

So, for Multi-Series 2D Line chart this limit is: 1000-2000.

This range can vary according to the machine configuration and usage of various features like Styles, Animation, Anchors, etc.

So while re-rendering the chart using the updated large data sets, please ensure the data sets are within the recommended range.

However, to update the chart periodically with the newer data, you can avail the "Real-Time updating" feature of FusionWidgets pack, where the charts automatically update themselves with the new data, silently without rendering the chart again.

To see the sample of "Real-Time Charts", please follow the link below:

http://www.fusioncharts.com/demos/gallery/#real-time-charts

Hope this helps!

Thanks alot for your reply...the real-time feature is great...but is there a way to change the direction of x-axis ?

Right now the chart line starts from right to left, so the chart line moves toward the Y-axis. Any way to put the Y-axis on the right of the chart or change the direction ?

Guest Sumedh

Thanks alot for your reply...the real-time feature is great...but is there a way to change the direction of x-axis ?

Right now the chart line starts from right to left, so the chart line moves toward the Y-axis. Any way to put the Y-axis on the right of the chart or change the direction ?

Hi,

Changing the direction of data-stream in real-time charts is not possible.

Thanks for your time.