shiv

Export To Pdf

Hi,

I know how to export fusionchart to pdf ,

but it should be achieved without generating image(report) on my page.

For example : I have custom button, and on the click of that button directly I have to save a pdf with report on fixed path(don't want save dialog box.)

I dont want to show report on my page. It should generate(export) to pdf internally and should save at destination.

(can i use xml file to export to pdf. how??)

Please can u help me?

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

I know how to export fusionchart to pdf ,

but it should be achieved without generating image(report) on my page.

For example : I have custom button, and on the click of that button directly I have to save a pdf with report on fixed path(don't want save dialog box.)

I dont want to show report on my page. It should generate(export) to pdf internally and should save at destination.

(can i use xml file to export to pdf. how??)

Please can u help me?

Hi,

If you are willing to export charts directly without rendering them into browser then you can try FCImg.

FCImg is a free PHP library that allows you to generate PNG and JPEG images of your charts on the server, without even rendering the chart in a browser.

It renders the JavaScript version of FusionCharts at the server. It works with Windows and Linux OS.

Please note that, it is a third party implementation and thus it is not included in FusionCharts pack.

For more information, please refer the following URL:

http://blog.fusionch...g-fusioncharts/

You can download FCImg from the same link.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I have download FCImg. I got .php and all files. But I could not use it.:(

Please can u send me the simple example of that.

thank you.

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Please find the attached sample of server-side export (without rendering at browser) using FCImg tool.

In this sample I have HTML button (in index.html) to begin export, which automatically store the chart image in "..//fcimgDemo_PHP/ExportedReport/" folder.

NOTE: Before running the sample, please put the "wkhtmltoimage.exe" file inside "..//fcimgDemo_PHP/bin/" folder.

Hope this helps!

fcimgDemo_PHP.zip

I also have a problem about exporting the chart .

let me explain it :

i set chart container(div) style like this "display:none" (for some reason,user didn't need to see this chart,but when exported, must including this hidden chart)

now i try to export all the charts and save them to the server disc.

but the chart set this style occuring an javascript error : "object didn't support hasRendered() "

how i can solve this problem ?

waiting your replay……

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Please note that to export chart image/PDF of FusionCharts Charts at server disc, it needs to render in the browser before starting the export process.

But if you do not want to show the chart to the client and export silently to the server, you can use the "FCImg" which is a third party tool, allow to export FusionCharts Charts as images without a need for a Browser.

For more information on "Server- side Export using FCImg Tool", please follow the link below:

http://www.fcimg.org/

Hope this helps!

i try to use wkhtmltoimage , and it works but i have a litllte problem i can't reach to solve

see screenshoot:

- html.jpg is the screenshot off the html page with javascript fuisoncharts, and everything is good

but

- result.jpg  is the file i have using wkhtmltoimage whith command line:

wkhtmltoimage.exe --javascript-delay 2000 my.html result.jpg

you can see i can't reach to have trendlines, or lines or divlines to be in the result .....

i dont understand, i try all wkhtmltoimage version on windows, on linux... on all fusioncharts graph (bar, lines, gauge ....) and i never have lines on my graph

and no axis lines ......

Someone have idea ?

Johann

post-44194-0-48619000-1370357680_thumb.jpg

post-44194-0-27099400-1370357728_thumb.jpg

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

Can you please try increasing the delay? And try to export once again?

Ref. Code:

wkhtmltoimage.exe --javascript-delay 4000 my.html result.jpg

i already try this

i have an idea i'm going to test , i reach to make fcimg works on one graph so i'm going to try to generate jpg of each graph and include it in html and use wkhtmltoimage on the whole page, it's a bit more heavy solution but if it's works it could give me a solution