pitommasi

Quicker Way To Zoom Into A Map

I need to "zoom" into a map and I know that it is possible by applying the "negative margins" trick.

what I need to know is if there is a mosre straightforward way to know which values I need instead of going by a series of guessing and trials.

See the screenshot for reference: the map on the left becomes the map on the right by setting:

mapLeftMargin="-320" mapTopMargin="-520"

But, as I need to do the same thing for several maps, I am wonedring if there is a precise method to know the right values.

thank you in advance.

post-14963-0-14031400-1339586933_thumb.jpg

Guest Sumedh

I need to "zoom" into a map and I know that it is possible by applying the "negative margins" trick.

what I need to know is if there is a mosre straightforward way to know which values I need instead of going by a series of guessing and trials.

See the screenshot for reference: the map on the left becomes the map on the right by setting:

mapLeftMargin="-320" mapTopMargin="-520"

But, as I need to do the same thing for several maps, I am wonedring if there is a precise method to know the right values.

thank you in advance.

Hi,

There is no other way to zoom in into a map apart from setting the margin attributes.

Thanks for your time and support.

The question asked is not a different way of zooming, but a more straightforward way other than "guessing" the negative margins,

or at least what is the criteria to guess in less time.

Guest Sumedh

The question asked is not a different way of zooming, but a more straightforward way other than "guessing" the negative margins,

or at least what is the criteria to guess in less time.

Hi,

Apologies for the miscommunication.

There is no efficient way to calculate margins and have zoom-in effect on the maps.

Thanks for your time and support.