Sign in to follow this  
victor.pereira

Upgrading From 3.2.1

Hello,

We use an older version of fusion charts, 3.2.1, and everything works fine.

We wanted to upgrade our version to a newer one and buy the fusion charts, to take the trial messages off and get more support.

We had two problems when we changed the libraries:

1) The flash charts are rendered unfocused and disproportionate.

2) As a workaround we tried to render the charts using javascript. They render right, but we can't export charts on server anymore. We use the java libraries avaliable on fusioncharts package to do so. The charts are not sent to our servlet to do the export, they call a fusioncharts site and download the image.

Do anyone know why this happens?

Searching on some forums, one user said that the fusioncharts team developed a library to render the charts on server, without the broser, using microsoft .Net. Is there a library to do this in java?

Thanks.

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Please find the response to your queries inline, below:

>>Could you please elaborate a bit more on your issue, probably with the screen shot and the exact version of the FusionCharts that you are using in your application?

2) As a workaround we tried to render the charts using javascript. They render right, but we can't export charts on server anymore. We use the java libraries avaliable on fusioncharts package to do so. The charts are not sent to our servlet to do the export, they call a fusioncharts site and download the image.

Searching on some forums, one user said that the fusioncharts team developed a library to render the charts on server, without the broser, using microsoft .Net. Is there a library to do this in java?

>>Please note that FusionCharts does not have the feature of exporting pure JavaScript chart and save it in the server, as of now.

As you have mentioned, we have .NET Image Saver Assembly which only work on .NET Framework on Windows platform. But we do not have any library in JAVA for exporting JavaScript charts image to the server, as of now.

Hope I am able to clarify myself.

Edited by Sashibhusan

Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Please find the response to your queries inline, below:

>>Could you please elaborate a bit more on your issue, probably with the screen shot and the exact version of the FusionCharts that you are using in your application?

>>Please note that FusionCharts does not have the feature of exporting pure JavaScript chart and save it in the server, as of now.

As you have mentioned, we have .NET Image Saver Assembly which only work on .NET Framework on Windows platform. But we do not have any library in JAVA for exporting JavaScript charts image to the server, as of now.

Hope I am able to clarify myself.

Hi Sashibhusan

Thanks for answer.

The current version i'm using is: @version fusioncharts/3.2.3-sr2.6105

With this version the charts are not rendered the way they should.

I was using the version: @version 3.2.1-release

With this version all charts works fine.

I'm attaching two screenshots fromt he charts.

I did not change the xml data. Do u know what can cause this?

Thanks.

post-28578-0-64705800-1344629460_thumb.jpg

post-28578-0-71901200-1344629467_thumb.jpg

I find out whats was wrong. I was using these parameters to FusionCharts constructor:

var chart_GraficoConsumoEmpresa = new FusionCharts('grafico/FusionCharts/MSCombiDY2D.swf?ChartNoDataText=Sem Dados&XMLLoadingText=Por favor, aguarde', 'GraficoConsumoEmpresa', '700', '500', '0', '1', '', '', '', '', '');

I changed to this:

var chart_GraficoConsumoEmpresa = new FusionCharts('grafico/FusionCharts/MSCombiDY2D.swf?ChartNoDataText=Sem Dados&XMLLoadingText=Por favor, aguarde', 'GraficoConsumoEmpresa', '700', '500', '0', '1');

without all the emptys parameters, and it works.

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

We are glad to hear that you have managed of your own to resolve the issue.

Please do let us know if we could be of any further help.