Sign in to follow this  
karen m

Performance Issue With Drill-In & Refresh Of Charts

I have searched the knowledge base and I know other users are experiencing problems with IE and with the latest version of flash however, I was wondering if some can assist me with my issue. My issues is as follows:

1. When drill-in into charts after, two or three, the refresh of the chart using the 'back' image on the chart causes the refresh to be extremely slow

2. When refreshing the charts it is slow to refresh

Basically, performance degrade as you drill-in into the charts and have to refresh. I did add more charts (2 pie charts each with two points, 1 3D Column chart with two points, and added another point/block to a 3D chart giving it three columns) to the a single page but the data points are very small. There are 11 charts on a single JSP page; serves as a dashboard. I even disabled animation; added: animation ='0' defaultAnimation='0' on chart tag

Below is the snippet of the JSP code which renders the chart on the page:

<c:forEach var="chart" items="<%=charts%>">

<c:set var="name" value="${chart.chartName}"/>

<c:if test="${pos eq 0}">

<tr>

</c:if>

<td>

<fc:render chartId="${chart.id}" swfFilename="${pathToChart}/${name}" debugMode="false" registerWithJS="true" xmlData="${chart.xml}" width="370" height="250"/>

</td>

<c:choose>

<c:when test="${pos eq 1}">

<c:set var="pos" value="0"/>

</tr>

</c:when>

<c:otherwise>

<c:set var="pos" value="${pos + 1}"/>

</c:otherwise>

</c:choose>

</c:forEach>

FusionCharts: FusionCharts v3.2.2

Browser: Internet Explorer 9

Browser: FireFox 14.0.1

Flash: 10.1.4

NOTE: Firefox seems to be fine but most of our users use IE so I need to get this fix for IE7 and above with the latest version of flash.

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

With regard to your issue, could you please upgrade to the latest FusionCharts XT (V 3.2.2) Service Release 4 and try once again?

If the issue still persists, please provide us live URL (if possible), or the sample code to test and replicate the issue from our end.

Awaiting inputs from your end.