mlscheer

Renderer: Javascript Does Not Work

I am trying to get the charts to render purely in javascript by passing in 'renderer: javascript' to the jquery insertFusionCharts function. However the chrome console shows the error 'Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < ' and does not render. It works fine in flash. Here is the example call.

$(document).ready(function(){

$("#chartContainer").insertFusionCharts({

swfUrl: "/emp/it/telecom/ttn/xusers/itss050/FusionCharts/FusionCharts XT/Charts/Column3D.swf",

dataSource: "/emp/it/telecom/ttn/xusers/itss050/FusionCharts/FusionCharts XT/Charts/Data.xml",

renderer: "javascript",

dataFormat: "xmlurl",

width: "400",

height: "300",

id: "myChartId"

});

});

Currently I am using the trial version. I redownloaded it today to make sure it was not a bug that was fixed but did not help. The following example in the download does not work either and gives the same error. /FusionCharts/FusionCharts%20XT/Code/MyFirstChart/weekly-sales-force-js.html

Any ideas or suggestions?

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

We are not bale to replicate the issue.

Please find attached scree-shot and sample which is executed using FusionCharts jQuery Plugin and FusionCharts XT v3.2.2 Service Release 4 files.

Can you please provide some information on following points?

> What FusionCharts version are you using? Also send us the jquery version details.

> Can you please send us your chart XML code?

FCXT_jQuery.zip

post-24802-0-79206400-1348740779_thumb.png

Thanks for the response. I finally figured out the issue. I found that there is an Apache rule setup in our envrionment the redirects users if the file contains '.chart'. So this was causing FusionCharts.HC.Charts.js from loading properly and loaded an 'Error' page instead.

Hi,

We are not bale to replicate the issue.

Please find attached scree-shot and sample which is executed using FusionCharts jQuery Plugin and FusionCharts XT v3.2.2 Service Release 4 files.

Can you please provide some information on following points?

> What FusionCharts version are you using? Also send us the jquery version details.

> Can you please send us your chart XML code?

Edited by mlscheer