heidemeister

Ie8+Https+Javascript Chart = Problems

Hello

I'm having a really wierd problem, that only occurs under some rather specific circumstances:

1) The browser is IE8

2) The chart rendering is JavaScript only (I think, flash is not an option due to iPads...)

3) Connected with https

The problem occurs when using "modal popups" which are just a couple of div's shown atop of everything else. What happens is:

1) If using a 3Dstacked chart - the canvas background changes from transparent to white as soon at the chart is hidden beneath the div's. When the div's are removed again the canvas stays white.

2) If using a 2Dstacked chart - the same as above happens, plus ... all the columns dissapear completely (not sure if this is due to them also suddently being white). Sometimes I can get the columns to appear again by mouseOver - but only sometimes.

I have tried with both 3.2.2 R3 and R4 - same problem. It might have been there for a long time since I only resently went with a non-white background and switched from 3D to 2D.

Edited by heidemeister

Research update: The problem only occurs when IE8 is in "Compatibility View".

Another update: It seems like https has nothing to do with the problem - it's only "compatibility mode" that are the problem (thank you Microsoft :P)

Just to be sure, which version of FusionCharts are you using? Is it the latest? We would try and recreate it at our end.

Um… can you share / email a live URL that exhibits this error? Or maybe a scaled down HTML sample that exhibits the error?