Sign in to follow this  
keithh0427

Problem displaying in IE with FlashPlayer 9

I just installed FlashPlayer 9 into IE and am having current problems when trying to display a chart.  I keep getting an error that says,

"You need Adobe Flash Player 8 (or above) to view the charts.  It is a free and lightweight installation from Adobe.com.  Please click on OK to install the same."

I continue to do that and Flash Player 8 does install.  I am able to see the Flash show that indicates a successful installation.  I can view the charts on this website, but not on mine.  I was able to do this prior to installaion of Flash Player 8.

I'm confused.

hi,

I think you have proper Flash Player installed and its ok since you can see the charts from our web side. Now since you are having problem shoing your chart it seems that the path for FusionCharts.js is not properly set. Hence, the page can not render the chart and the default text that given in your page... which is unfortunately the flash player message...hardcoded in your HTML page. If all fails please send us the HTML code that you are using to load the chart.

All is resolved.  Apparently the player was not installed correctly.  Some files were left behind that shouldn't have been.  I unstalled the player and then re-installed and rebooted. 

All is right with the world once more.

Apologies for crying wolf.