Sign in to follow this  
bohms27

Uncaught Typeerror: Object #<Object> Has No Method 'split'

This error occurs when I am trying to render fusion charts when flash is disabled.

Uncaught TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'split'

This was due to, at some line in “Fusioncharts.HC.js” file, some object was not a string, and it was trying to use the split function on it. 

@version fusioncharts/3.2.4-sr1.9888

Could anyone please assist with this issue? 

Here is the firefox error console message as well:

Timestamp: 5/1/2013 3:21:13 PM
Error: TypeError: e.split is not a function
Source File: /js/FusionCharts/FusionCharts.HC.js
Line: 82
Edited by bohms27

Well I found the issue of what is happening. Here's my JSON Serialized table for the "data" section of my charts:

"data": [{"value":1331,"anchoralpha":null,"anchorBgColor":null,"anchorBorderColor":null},{"value":1229,"anchoralpha":null,"anchorBgColor":null,"anchorBorderColor":null},{"value":1417,"anchoralpha":"100","anchorBgColor":"009900","anchorBorderColor":"009900"},{"value":1389,"anchoralpha":null,"anchorBgColor":null,"anchorBorderColor":null},{"value":1046,"anchoralpha":null,"anchorBgColor":null,"anchorBorderColor":null},{"value":1057,"anchoralpha":null,"anchorBgColor":null,"anchorBorderColor":null},{"value":871,"anchoralpha":null,"anchorBgColor":null,"anchorBorderColor":null},{"value":744,"anchoralpha":null,"anchorBgColor":null,"anchorBorderColor":null},{"value":47,"anchoralpha":null,"anchorBgColor":null,"anchorBorderColor":null},{"value":0,"anchoralpha":"100","anchorBgColor":"CC0000","anchorBorderColor":"CC0000"},{"value":0,"anchoralpha":null,"anchorBgColor":null,"anchorBorderColor":null},{"value":0,"anchoralpha":null,"anchorBgColor":null,"anchorBorderColor":null},{"value":1,"anchoralpha":null,"anchorBgColor":null,"anchorBorderColor":null}]}

In Flash, this renders fine, it just doesn't put anchors in when the chart renders in flash. In javascript, i get the object.split is not a function because it is a null value. 

My workaround for this is before I json serialize my table, I set the "blank" values in my table to an empty string instead of nothing. It might be an opportunity for a null check in javascript before performing the .split function though. 

Hi,

We were unable to replicate the problem at our end.

Can you please upgrade to the latest version of FusionCharts v3.3.1 SR2 and check again?