Sign in to follow this  
bmcwhorter

Chart Debug In Javascript

Hi,

Using 3.3.1, when I try to debug a chart in javascript, I get nothing.  The exact same chart in flash gives me all the info I want.  Is debugging not supported in Javascript?  Also, animation is not currently working in javascript for this chart.  It works fine for flash.  Here's the definition:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<chart numberSuffix="" formatNumberScale="0" numberPrefix="" decimalSeparator="" thousandSeparator="." decimalPrecision="4" showValues="1" showNames="0" plotFillAlpha="53" slicingDistance="2" isSliced="1" animation="1" bgColor="9CF7F4"> <set name="HANAR" value="10000"/> <set name="TOMSP" value="20000"/> <set name="VICTE" value="3000"/> <set name="ALFKI" value="40000"/> <set name="ANATR" value="50000"/> </chart>

Hey,

Yes, the debug mode(Window) is supported only by Flash charts. 

To debug a JavaScript chart, use the FusionCharts JS Library’s internal debugMode to watch chart’s activities. 

Regarding animation issue, can you please confirm the chart type?

Hope this helps.

Hey,

The chart type is for either a pyramid or funnel.  I can't get either of them to animate.  I also can't get them to slice either.  Even though you can see isSliced is set and the slicingDistance is defined, there is no slicing.

Hi,

For Pyramid/Funnel, default animation is the same for Flash and JavaScript variant. The initial slicing animation does not appear while rendering a JavaScript variant.

To visualize the slicing effect, please try removing "slicingDistance" attribute from the XML code.

Capture.PNG

How come the intial slicing animation doesn't appear when using the javascript variant?  Our goal is for there to be seamless integration and javascript and flash variants to operate exactly the same.  Is this impossible for these charts?

Hey,

Initial slicing animation does appear for both Flash and JavaScript variant of the charts.

However, slicing animation is not visualized in the JavaScript variant of the chart due to minor implementation difference between the technologies and differences in various browsers causes minor disparity between the Flash and JavaScript variants of the charts.

Hope this helps.