Yue_Yuan

Automatically Updating Interactive Graphs?

Hello,

I am doing a project and for that I have to create a website in that I have to generate interactive graphs daily,weekly,monthly,yearly on it which pull their data from excel files(very long files i can not type them manually) from other website which get updated with time.

Or

I have another method, same self updating data is on a website in form of table which gets updated with time. So , is it possilble to pull data from there for specific parameters and generate live data graphs?

Can you please help me in suggesting some ideas? How can I do it and if you are not clear with the situation then please let me know.

Is this possible with javascript or I need something else.
As I am a beginner , so do not know much.

Thanks

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

FusionCharts XT helps you create interactive charts for web and enterprise applications.

Also, it works with ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, JSP, ColdFusion, Ruby on Rails, JavaScript or even simple HTML pages. It connects to any database (MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL) and web service to enable real-time charting.

So, as per your requirement, you could write your own mechanism (in any of the server-side scripting language) to read the excel data and build the XML/JSON string as per the FusionCharts data fomrat and then plot the graph.

But, FusionCharts does not support the feature of read the excel data and plot graph automatically, as of now.

For more information on "Creating charts using various server side scripts", please visit the link: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?FirstChart/ServerSideScripts.html

On the alternate way, if you have data on a website in a table, you could read the specific parameters from that table using any server-side scripting language of your choice (by requesting data in post/get method) and build the XML/JSON string to plot the graph.

For more information on "Charting Data from HTML Forms", please visit our online documentation link: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?FirstChart/UsingDataForm.html

Please note that FusionCharts XT accepts data only in XML/JSON format, enabling you to use a data format of your choice. Using XML or JSON you can connect to all your enterprise applications and JavaScript frameworks with ease.

Hope this helps!