ananthkumar.ks

Regarding a chart with ajax utility

Hi team,

We are currently looking for a chart which will work like google finance.

Chart which loads data on-demand and gets appended to the existing data that is rendered already may be.

For example, I have a chart with data 250 to 300 with X-axis split equally on 5 unit intervals. If i drag the chart internally , there should be an ajax request to get the data , say from 220 to 250 and change the scale according and prepend to the existing dataset. If i scroll again from 220 to 260, data should be rendered from dataset existing(till 300). 

Hi Ananth,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum :)

If you want the chart to get updated when the data is present/modified (can check this is your code by coordinating with your database) then you may use Real-time charts. Real-time charts update their data in certain intervals and the new data on the chart is made to get appended to the existing data on the chart. Please have a look at :http://www.fusioncharts.com/demos/gallery/real-time-charts/chart.asp?id=realtime_1

For your requirement of chart having macroscopic view (250 to 300) and showing microscopic view of data on selection of particular data ( 220 to 250) and scaling of x-axis according to the change, then you may use Zoom Line chart. Try selecting and dragging a particular area on the chart from : http://www.fusioncharts.com/demos/gallery/zoom-line/chart.asp?id=zoomline_3

Hope this helps.

Hi,

My question was different. I asked for a chart which does not request data automatically but on user interaction. Zoom line charts require all data to be presented at one shot and it doesnt give me the feature i requested. 

My request is different. I wanted a chart where i get only a data for today. If drag the chart internally to yesterday, i should get the data by an ajax request and prepend to the existing data. If you have a look at google finance, you will get a better idea. Now, can you let me know a chart that can provide me this?

Hi,

It is not possible to plot the chart of a given day first and then obtain the data and plot the data of chart to yesterday when the user drags the chart, as of now.

Hope this helps.