Sign in to follow this  
Arindam

accessing Data.xml under WEB-INF/xml

hi, is there any way to tell my jsp page to locate the data.xml under the web-inf folder? what i did is:

String chartHTMLCode=FusionChartsCreator.createChartHTML("FusionCharts/Column3D.swf", "/WEB-INF/jsp/test.jsp", "", "myFirst", 600, 300,false);

but since accessing directly in WEB-INF is not possible. any suggestions on how can i pass the data.xml to the spring controller

Hi Jooly,

Could you please try putting test.jsp in the application folder or any folder which is relatively accessible by the application.

String chartHTMLCode=FusionChartsCreator.createChartHTML("FusionCharts/Column3D.swf", "test.jsp", "", "myFirst", 600, 300,false);

Hi Arindam,

yes it works when it is placed on any folder other than WEB-INF.

String chartCode= createChart("FusionCharts/Column3D.swf", "Data.xml", "", "myFirst", 600, 300, false, false);

i also tried to create subfolders:

String chartCode= createChart("FusionCharts/Column3D.swf", "charts/xml/Data.xml", "", "myFirst", 600, 300, false, false);

the sole reason why i want to put it under than WEB-INF is to ensure security, since i dont want my jsp/xml file to be accessed by anonymous users.

so is there any way to specify the file

String chartCode= createChart("FusionCharts/Column3D.swf", "WEB-INF/xml/Data.xml", "", "myFirst", 600, 300, false, false);

an example would be nice:D

Hi Jooly,

In WEB-INF folder configuration files are kept. You can also keep java classes and libraries. You can create a java class which would provide a method to return xml for the chart. This might work.