kar_shans

Fusion charts always says undefined

Hi,

The fusion charts always show as undefined no matter if there is data to be displayed. And i see there is error thrown in the firebug as "NetworkError: 404 Not Found - https://dev1.dev-e2c.de/Data.xml?FCTime=530". I have attached the screen shot.

Soon after the function is triggered this error shows up in the firebug and i can't track the issue. Previously developer developed it and i am not aware of fusion charts and i need to fix this issue. 

Please help me.

Karthic N

Hi,

The fusion charts always show as undefined no matter if there is data to be displayed. And i see there is error thrown in the firebug as "NetworkError: 404 Not Found - https://dev1.dev-e2c.de/Data.xml?FCTime=530". I have attached the screen shot.

Soon after the function is triggered this error shows up in the firebug and i can't track the issue. Previously developer developed it and i am not aware of fusion charts and i need to fix this issue. 

Please help me.

Karthic N

Hi Karthic,

We have already replied to your query over mail. However, reposting it here.

It seems like the XML data passed to the chart does not exist in the same location any further. Hence, the chart is unable to display any data and shows the "undefined" message that had been passed as an error message when no data is retrieved.

Could you please confirm that the Data.xml file is present in the URL location?

FusionCharts accept data only in the XML/JSON data format, Even if your data is stored in the database, it would generate some XML file that would pass the data to the chart to render the same.

It might be your data is coming from the database and dynamically generated as XML but the XMLUrl that is mentioned is incorrect, hence, the chart is unable to render it.

Hope this helps. :)