Sign in to follow this  
rgrashel

Drag Node Chart : Auto-Layout

With a drag-node chart, is it possible to do an auto-layout of some sort? I tried to use an XML file without any X,Y coordinates, and it just placed everything in the lower left corner.

I need to be able to create dynamic drag-node charts, but would prefer that PowerCharts layout the model according to some pre-determined layout strategy. Tools such as mxGraph provide this kind of functionality -- where I could use a TreeLayout or a HierarchyLayout et cetera. Thanks for any information.

Hi,

When will this feature be available.

How do you expect the developer to calculate the node position if hundreds of nodes are to be display in a single screen????

Regards,

Hari

Guest Rajroop

Hello Hari,

Welcome to the FusionCharts Forum.

This is feature is not available, as of now. The implementation of this feature in the Drag node chart is still undecided. I have personally made a note of your feature request.

I sincerely apologize on behalf of the FusionCharts Team for the inconvenience caused.

I've had a look at the various components for doing node maps, network maps, etc. Almost all of the others support automatic layout, but most of them do not look very attractive and are generally fairly slow. If automatic layout was supported PowerCharts would be a guaranteed purchase for my employer, but without it I have to rule it out. It's a really major omission.

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestions. Your suggestions are really important to us.

I have added this to our wish-list.