Sign in to follow this  
Maalan

Drill down the charts in same page.

Hi,

I am using the Bar2D charts with java file. I want to drill down the two more charts instead of the same area. 

when i click the bar,  the chart displays in next page.  I want to display the charts in the same page in.

Shall i know any examples?

I have a similar suggestion.  When using one of the Widgets, I want to be able to drill down and open a new window. However there is only the option to enter clickURL='n- http://www.abc.com' rather than a <target=xxx> tag. 

If you would like to have all output from the original window go to that new window no matter which gadget you click, it is not possible at this time as far as I know.

It would be very helpful to be able to display in a new window or an existing opened window by target or some similar nomenclature.

As an example:

User opens a URL with a bunch of Widgets displayed.  (e.g. One for each sales rep showing sales Month to Date).  If you want to be able to drill down and look at the details for each rep you end up opening a different window for each one which is fine in some situations but not in others. What I would like is when you click the first widget you want to open a new window and then all subsequent drill downs from the original page you also want to show in the same named window.  Therefore a <target> rather than new window.

Hopefully you guys understand. If not drop me a line. Otherwise a great product.  If you want to see my problem in action I can probably give you temporary access to our portal at www.wurthnet.ca .  Let me know.

Cheers,

I know that we can specify a frame but that is not the same as opening in a target window. It really has to do with real estate (screen size) and the way we want to present the data.  If we wanted to, we could display everything using spry in the same window.  But having a target tag would be very helpful in certain situations. Especially the situation that I am faced with today.  I tried using f- with the widget and it did not work due to the fact that we do not have frames in the static dashboard window. We call a target window from another link within the portal and it would be very helpful to be able to use that same target for links from the dashboard widget. Each time we call a separate widget we get a new window that just keeps clogging up the screen.  Any other ideas? Please note that this is with the widgets and not a bar chart. :w00t:

Edited by Guest