Sign in to follow this  
Arindam

Date Format Oddity on Vista IE

Hi, I'm using your MSLine graph and the oddest thing is happening, basically on all of our developers laptops (all running XP) everything looks great but my manager has Vista installed(he doesn't need to do real work:-)) and the x-axis is displaying the date in an unformatted way, i.e a long ugly date.

Any ideas why this would be different on just that one browser?

Thanks

Here is the script:

var chart = new FusionCharts( "/assets/charts/MSLine.swf", "ChartId", "780", "400" );

chart.setDataURL( "{url}" );

chart.addParam( "showBorder", "0" );

chart.render( "graphContainer" );

I've uploaded the xml:

dump.xml

Edited by Guest

Hi,

Your XML data and screen Shot is not matching. Could you please check once that you are giving right XML? Internally FusionCharts chart does not do any calculation on date or any data. What ever you provide XML as data feed it will show graph. Are you generating XML via script or its static XML? Could you please check chart XML using charts debug mode on.

My applogies, after turning debug on (man thats a handy feature!) I discovered that the fmt tag in the JSP script was changing the format of the date based on the Locale setting of the browser, for some reason IE when sending the request to Flash wasn't sending any locale so that fmt tag was going back to default.

Thanks and apologies for the wild goose chase.

Simon