Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rajroop

XML issue at new host server

I've been using Fusion Charts successfully for over 2 months and have been very happy with the form and function of the tool. Unfortunately, I've recently had to change hosting providers and now all of my charts are returning the dreaded "Invalid XML Data". The previous site was being hosted on a Windows server, but the new site is hosted on a Linux box. I didn't change any of the code and dropped everything onto the new site via FTP just as it had been on the old site. Also, I've verified that the new server is set-up for the SWF file extensions in its MIME directory. Any help would be greatly appreciated:

Old Site: http://168.144.216.46/performance/nasdaq100.htm

New Site: http://174.120.41.121/performance/nasdaq100.htm

Thanks!

Guest Rajroop

Hello,

Welcome to the Forum. :w00t:

FusionCharts works seemlessly on all known platform. :)

Linux being a case sensitive server, it might just be that the letters in the path/file names have changed to uppercase/lowercase letters.

Could you please try checking that are no upper/lower case issues of the file names, path etc.?

I hope this helps.

Yes, I thought about that last night and have verified that all of the paths are lowercase. In fact, I had to do that just to get the "Invalid XML data"; before I changed everything to lowercase the page did not even show that there was supposed to be something in that space.

I'm assuming that because I'm getting the error message then there is something incorrect with the XML file, but I've checked over it 10 times and cannot figure out what it could be.

Any additional ideas?

Thanks!

Guest Rajroop

Hello,

Since you are getting the error-"Invalid XML data", there is a an error from within your XML data.

Could you please send us your XML data in an attachment so we may have a peak?

Looking forward to your reply.