kresnik

how to solve this error

Public member 'setChartType' on type 'FusionCharts' not found.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.MissingMemberException: Public member 'setChartType' on type 'FusionCharts' not found.

Source Error:

Line 16:

Line 17: ' Set chart type to Column 3D + Line Dual Y-Axis Combination Chart

Line 18: Call FC.setChartType("MSColumn3DLineDY")

Line 19:

Line 20: ' Set chart size

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

Could you please re-check that the name and the root paths of the swf file that you are using is mentioned correctly?

Also, could you please reconfirm that you have included the latest version of the Fusioncharts.dll file?

Awaiting your reply. :)

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the path to my swf is fine.

If I remove the FC.SetChartType line of code I then get a similar error with Call FC.setSize("650", "450")

I think the problem is that I do not have FusionCharts_Gen.asp in my project, as that exposes the FusionCharts class...am I right?

So, just now I put FusionCharts_Gen.asp into my App_Code folder, but I'm still getting:

Public member 'setChartType' on type 'FusionCharts' not found

So, how do I get the FusionCharts class visible to my program? I thot simply putting FusionCharts_Gen.asp in my App_Code folder would expose it.

fyi, I do have imports InfoSoftGlobal at the top of my Code Behind, for this page.

Do we need to have both the FusionCharts_Gen.asp file in our App_Code folder, as well as the Fusion.dll file in the bin folder, to expose the functions like setChartParams, setSWFPath, and addDataFromDatabase ?

What do I need to do, to use addDataFromDatabase in my VB.Net codebehind?

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi TC,

We have replied in the similar post of yours in http://www.fusioncharts.com/forum/Topic24220-32-1.aspx

It seems that you are using ASP.NET and the code files that you are using (FusionCharts.asp, FusionCharts_Gen.asp) are for Classic ASP. Hence, they are not likely to run in ASP.NET.

Hope this helps. :)