IDForums

Batch Export in JSP page

Hi,

I am getting this error "FusionChartsExportObject cannot be resolved" when I am using the following code in my JSP page.

var myExportComponent = new FusionChartsExportObject("fcBatchExporter", "Files/FCExporter.swf");

myExportComponent.Render("fcexpDiv");

I have included < script language="JavaScript" src="Files/FusionChartsExportComponent.js">< /script> in my JSP page.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Mona.

Edited by Guest

Greetings,

Have you included FusionCharts.js as well. If yes, make sure it is included before FusionCHartsExportComponent.js

If things still doesn't work, give us a live URL to test or a scaled-down version of your work.

Hi Srividya,

I changed my code as per your suggestion but no luck. I am still getting that error: "FusionChartsExportObject cannot be resolved to a type". Is it because I am using a JSP page instead of HTML?

-Mona.

Edited by Guest

Guest Madhumita

Hi Mona,

I checked the attachments.

The problem arouse because you are using FusionCharts Version 3.0.7. Export component requires FusionCharts version 3.1 or higher.

Please upgrade your FusionCharts Version to 3.1 or higher which is free of cost.

Refer to the link below for upgradation:

http://www.fusioncharts.com/puc/

When you are facing some errors while exporting the charts, you can consider setting the ExportComponent debug mode to 'true'.

You can enable debugMode globally for all FusionChartsExportObject in a page by using the code below:

FusionChartsExportObject.defaultParameters.debugMode = true;

After you've enabled debugMode, FusionChartsExportObject will halt at every error and let you know of it as a JavaScript alert message.  

Awaiting your reply. :)

Edited by Guest

Hi,

I upgraded my Fusioncharts version to v3.1 but the problem persists. Attached are the source code and error message documents. Please note that I am using export handlers in a JSP page. Where is FusionChartsExportObject() function defined?

Looking for a solution.

Thanks,

Mona

sourceCode.txt

post-4993-128441576056_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest

Hi,

Did you also try putting

<script language="JavaScript" src="Files/PowerMap.js"></script>

<script language="JavaScript" src="Files/FusionMaps.js"></script>

above

<script language="JavaScript" src="Files/FusionChartsExportComponent.js"></script>

?

Could you please try if not done so?

Also please use FusionMaps.js instead of PowerMap.js because both are same.While PowerMap.js is a very old version.

[ FusionMaps was called PowerMaps then but now it is FusionMaps and its JavaScript wrapper is also FusionMaps.js which you are using.]