Sign in to follow this  
Krishna_Solanki

How to show Percentage inside the chart?

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Krishna,

I am afraid that as of now the attribute 'placeValueInside' is not applicable for the pie chart so you will not be able to show the percentage inside the Chart.:)

However all other attributes applicable to the pie chart is available in the following links:-

Ref:-http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/Contents/ChartSS/Pie3D.html

Ref:-http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/Contents/ChartSS/Pie2D.html

Strange that the page you refer to for help on 2D Pie charts shows a chart with percentages first thing. http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/Contents/ChartSS/Pie2D.html#chartImage

I have tried displaying percentages using the showPercentageValues='1' attribute, but to no avail. Seems to be no way to do it yet you show a picture of a 2D pie chart with percentages. Is it possible or not?

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

Could you please send us the XML codes that you are using as an attachment?

Awaiting your reply. :)

Below is the XML. I do see percentages when I mouse over the slices in the pie. I want to see percentages in the values on the outside of the slices when the chart first comes up. Like in the example you show on your page. Also how is it possible to get the sort of gradient looking overlay lighting or whatever it's called that you show on your example charts on thses pages.

http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/Contents/ChartSS/Pie3D.html

http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/Contents/ChartSS/Pie2D.html

<graph animation='1' caption='House Womens Jacket' showNames='1' showValues='1' baseFontSize='14' showShadow='1' showPercentageValues='1' decimals='0'><set name='Y-S' value='' color='F6BD0F'/><set name='Y-M' value='' color='8BBA00' /><set name='Y-L' value='' color='' /><set name='S' value='1' color='' /><set name='M' value='2' color='' /><set name='L' value='2' color='' /><set name='XL' value='' color='' /><set name='XXL' value='1' color='' /><set name='XXXL' value='' color='' /></graph>

I'm using the dataXML method. I made the changes on the page you sent and it does show percentages. It is interesting that when I don't have percentages as the values and the labels around the chart show me actual numbers, when I mouse over the pie slices it shows me percentages, which means it has already calculated percentages based on the raw numbers I've given. Too bad I can't take the calulated percentages that the chart has already calculated and show those around the chart rather than feeding each set percentage values rather than raw numbers. It seems the chart is calculating percentages when I feed it raw numbers, but the percentages only show on mouse overs. To get percentages to show on the outside of the chart, I have to calculate the percentages myself and feed those numbers to each set. Seems redundant since the chart is already doing that when I give it non percentage values. Hope that makes sense. In other words, if the pie has four slices with values of 2, 1, 2, 5. Those are the numbers that show around the chart, but when I mouse over I see 20.0%, 10.0%, 20.0%, 50.0%. Which means the chart has already calculated percentages. Any way to just get what I see on mouse over to show around the chart without me having to give it percentage values?

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

If you are using FusionCharts V3, please place showPercentageValues='1' in the <chart> or <graph> element and this will show the percentage values on the labels.

I hope this helps you. Looking forward to your reply.

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

Even if you are using FusionCharts Free  please try setting attribute "showPercentageValues" to '1' in the <chart> element for the same.

Ref.- http://www.fusioncharts.com/free/docs/

Also, please refer to the link below to download the Trial pack of FusionCharts V3 which has almost all the functionality similar to a Licensed pack only with a watermark on it.

Ref.- http://www.fusioncharts.com/Download.asp

Hope this helps. :)

Hi,

We're encountering the SAME exact problem.

I tried using numberSuffix="%", numberSuffix="%25", but neither work. They both show "%25" on the graph.

I've also tried adding showPercentageValues="1", but that has no effect.

Here's our code:

<graph chartTopMargin="15" baseFontSize="8" decimalPrecision="0"  numberSuffix="%" caption="Distribution">
<set name="0-50" color="82a819" value="10" />
<set name="50-100" color="82a819" value="6" />	
<set name="100-150" color="82a819" value="6" />	
<set name="150-200" color="82a819" value="6" />	
<set name="200-250" color="82a819" value="6" />	
<set name="250-300" color="82a819" value="6" />	
<set name="300-350" color="82a819" value="6" />	
<set name="350-400" color="82a819" value="6" />	
<set name="400-450" color="82a819" value="6" />	
<set name="450-500" color="82a819" value="6" />	
<set name="500-550" color="82a819" value="6" />	
<set name="550-600" color="82a819" value="6" />	
<set name="600-650" color="82a819" value="6" />	
<set name="650-700" color="82a819" value="6" />	
<set name="700-750" color="82a819" value="6" />	
<set name="750-800" color="82a819" value="6" />	
</graph>

We are using the following jQuery code

$('#statsHistogram').insertFusionCharts({
           type: "Column2D",
           swfPath: '/includes/fusioncharts/',
           data: chartData,
           dataFormat: 'XMLData',
           width: "696",
           height: "310"
       });

We are using the following file from your free version: FCF_Column2D.swf

Here's a screenshot:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11875593@N00/5588251385/

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE advise us what to do!

Guest Angie

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

I am afraid, we are unable to replicate the issue as the code is working fine from our end.

Please find the attached screenshot and zip file attached for your reference.

post-10517-094550900 1301922652_thumb.jpg

Source Code.zip

Hi,

Can you please send me the exact SWF file you're using? Either post it here for me to download or send it to [email protected]?

I'm still experiencing this issue and the fact that you're unable to replicate it might be because of a different swf file?

Thanks,

Allon

Guest Angie

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

Please find the zip file attached for your reference.

We have used dataURL method while reproducing the bug.

FCF_Column2D.zip

Guest Angie

Hi,

Could you please provide us the XML code using dataXML method?

Awaiting for your reply.

In the example you gave me you use FusionCharts.js. We are trying to use jquery plugin for fusioncharts, because it supports client-side data. Is there a chance FusionCharts.js also supports getting data from a client-side javascript? If so, could you please refer me to an example?

Guest Angie

Hi,

FusionCharts .js supports data from a client side JavaScript.

Please find the dataXML file attached for your reference.

Hope this helps.smile.gif

dataXML.html