Guest Madhumita

Easier way to embed fusionchart into page

In the documentation of fusioncharts you recommend to use a combination of the tags embed and object. This combination works in most cases but does not allow a validation as xhtml.

I found a W3C recommendation (details at http://www.alistapart.com/articles/flashsatay) which gave me the following solution:

------

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="/static/charts/Pie3D.swf" width="800" height="400">

<param name="FlashVars" value="&dataXML=[%put XML here%]" />

<param name="movie" value="/static/charts/Pie3D.swf" />

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

</object>

-----

I also added the param 'wmode' which allows for easier interaction with layers (like javascript-powered menus).

I have not seen any problems with FF, IE7/IE8 or Opera 9.x at this time.

Maybe other users will like this too

Wolfgang

wolfgang (10/14/2009)

I also added the param 'wmode' which allows for easier interaction with layers (like javascript-powered menus).

Check also the following link on the precise meaning of wmode:

http://www.communitymx.com/content/article.cfm?cid=e5141

After reading this I changed the wmode from transparent to opaque in my newer applications (less load on the cpu)

Hi,

To be more accurate you would need to pass lot more things to the flashVars

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="/static/charts/Pie3D.swf" width="800" height="400" id="myChartId">

<param name="FlashVars" value="&dataXML=[%put XML here%]&registerWithJS=1&DOMId=myChartId&chartWidth=800&chartHeight=400&debugMode=0" />

<param name="movie" value="/static/charts/Pie3D.swf" />

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

</object>

Guest Rajroop

Hi,

Welcome to the FusionCharts Forum. :w00t:

Could you please specify what issue you are facing with the C#.net codes when using FusionCharts for Free?

Hi. I think I'm close to successfully applying this, but suspect I'm not properly specifying the dataXML [%put XML here%] value, since i keep getting a "No data to display" error message. Say, that relative to the chart page I'm creating the data is at: data/MSLine.xml.

Is it correct to replace the entire [%put XML here%] statement with data/MSLine.xml? No quotes, etc.

Edited by Guest

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts forum. :)

In FusionCharts the entire XML code is written inside the "[]" for dataXML method.

Ref.- chart.setDataXML("the XML code");

Could you please try it by writting your XML code for dataXML method inside the "[]"?

Hope this helps.

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

If you are using the dataXML method please refer to the code below:

myChart.setDataXML("<chart caption='Monthly Sales Summary' subcaption='For the year 2006' xAxisName='Month' yAxisName='Sales' numberPrefix='$'><set label='January' value='17400' /><set label='February' value='19800' /><set label='March' value='21800' /><set label='April' value='23800' /><set label='May' value='29600' /><set label='June' chart>");

If you opt to use the dataURL method please refer to the code below:

myChart.setDataURL("data/MSLine.xml");

Hope this helps. :)