Sign in to follow this  
AhmedH

Problems exporting Chart to PowerPoint

Dear Fusion Charts Team,

I've successfully managed to export my charts to Powerpoint and put in the correct VB Code to get them to reset the frame and re-load on a slide change, thats all fine.

The problem I'm getting is with a Multi-Series 3D Column Chart. I'm using the setXMLData method, in my application, the graph displays fine without any problems.

When I export out the same XML data to PowerPoint and VB, I keep getting an 'Invalid XML' error, even though all my other charts work fine using the same method (Pie and Single Series Bar Charts)

Attached is my Output to VB in PowerPoint, I've had to split the lines up because there is a 1024 char limit per line in VB.

As far as I can see the XML is validly formed, it works fine in IE7, just a problem with displaying it in PowerPoint 2003 (only affects my MS Column 3D chart).

Any Ideas?

PPT.txt

Edited by Guest

Hi Ahmed,

I am afraid, XML you are using is not valid, since you are using special character (&) which requires encoding (%26). Therefore you would need to convert all & to %26.

We have also attached the Modified XML with this post please use this XML in your VBA script, the chart will work fine.

data.xml

Hi Rahul,

Yes that did the trick, thanks very much! :P

I've now added the escape(XML) command to my javascript before exporting it to PowerPoint to take care of any funny characters.

Regards,

Ahmed.

Guest Madhumita

Hi Ahmed,

You are most welcome. :P

Glad that we could help you.

Happy FusionCharting.

Guest Rajroop

Hey there,

We've just released a new and free add-in for PowerPoint that lets you add FusionCharts very easily to your slides. Check out oomfo @ http://oomfo.com

Would love to have your feedback/suggestions. :P