Sign in to follow this  
kishan

ServerSide Export to images Taking too much time

Hi,

I am using serrveside export images in ASP.NET.

On WebPage i have multiple chart (8-9) like drawing pad,Column chart, pie chart etc. while i am exporting these charts using server side export , One time its exporting only some of charts, not all and also it is taking too much time on production server, we have other functionality that needs to execute after image creation.

Please let me know your solution on this.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Kishan

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Kishan,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum. :P

Could you please try customizing your code using the following points:-

1) Please design a button where the onclick event would get the charts from their respective chart-id(s).

Example:- mychart=getChartFromId('chart-id')

2)Please call the export function with respect to the chart-id using the parameters required for exporting for each chart.

Example:- mychart.exportChart()

Hope this helps. :D

Hello Basundhara,

Thanks for your quick and positive reply,

I tried your code in array(using for loop) for single chart export and its working fine for me.

Can you please tell me how will i get Callback for that single chart , means i will get flag that this image is exported properly and this is not exported, i am using FC_Exported function of fusion chart but its giving me for all Chart callback on that page,how i will get single callBack of single chart, like yo

Also what about fusion chart taking time for Export, can fusion chart able to handle that time period or can we set some where ? And also I am not still able to Export images of charts whch are at the bottom of the page, i need to scroll down and then i can export to images, can you please give me solution for this. 

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,

Kishan

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Kishan,

Thanks for your appreciation. :P

1) Could you please try customising the "objRtn" of FC_Exported function to get a flag for each of the chart?

Ref.- http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs?/ECServerSave.html

2) For server-side export, the time for exporting depends on the size of the captured image and also the server speed.

3) Could you please try re-adjusting the height-width of the charts to adjust them on the browser page without a scroll bar?

Ref.- http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs?/MultipleCharts.html

Hope this helps. :D

Hi Basundhara,

Many thanks for your reply,

I tried for customization of FC_Exported function but problem remains same. And for time can you please provide me minimum server  requirnment details for server-side export.

I can't make page without a scroll bar, because requirnment for charts height and width is such that , it will scroll.

Can Fusion chart having any such facility, which will enable Export of images of those chart which are not in Visible area of browser ?

please provide me details about this.

Thanks

Kishan

Hi Kishan,

You can ideally export all charts present in a browser page (visible/invisible). Please try the page in Internet Explorer. But, due to recent implementation in latest Firefox browser, this issues has come up. In Firefox, you need to make the chart( Flash movie) to show up atleast once to make it render.

So, the possible solution could be to use JavaScript to make the chart scroll to the end and come to top again when the gets loaded. This would make all charts present in the browser render and ready for export.