Sign in to follow this  
Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Creating Chart .JPG Server-Side from Browser: Then Making "Disappear" from Browser display

FC Version: FusionCharts_v3_1_1_DEVEL_LICENSE

In my .htm page I create TWO versions of same chart - a 3D and a 2D version - when these are rendered in browser they are BOTH then saved to server as .jpg as specified in the XML header:

mef1_29_12_2009_14_8_35_375_US_SUMlev_2014.jpg   (3D version - Proper Display Chart)

mef1_29_12_2009_14_8_35_375_US_SUMlev_2014_2D.jpg  (2D version - "Non-Display" Chart)

I want both charts to be created as JPG but I want ONLY the 3D version chart to display in the browser !

The problem is that in order to actually produce the *_2D.jpg server-side, the 2D one must display/render also in the browser (which I want to avoid as it is a "non-display" chart )!

Q. How can both Fusion Charts render but only the 3D one actually get displayed eventually in browser ?

I've tried "overwriting" the DIV as in the code below but the *_2D.jpg chart doesnt get produced/saved in the overwrite !

(I've also treid changing the DIV and "var" names to no avail )

(Is there a smart way to "overwrite" the DIV without also overwriting the *_2D.jpg chart produced ! )

See code snippet from my .htm page;this only renders the 3D chart (as required) but fails to create a JPG of the the 2D chart server-side which I need to use subsequently in a download HTML hyperlink ! :

Any thoughts ? Thanks

<code>

<div id="chart">

<div id="US_SUMlevIddiv" > US_SUMlev </div>

<script language="JavaScript">

var US_SUMlevId = new FusionCharts("../Charts/MSColumnLine3D.swf", "_US_SUMlevId", "425", "305", "0", "1");

US_SUMlevId.setDataURL("../Gallery/Data/mef1_29_12_2009_14_8_35_375_US_SUMlev_2014.xml");

US_SUMlevId.render("US_SUMlevIddiv");

</script>

<div id="US_SUMlev_2DIddiv" ></div>

var US_SUMlev_2DId = new FusionCharts("../Charts/MSCombi2D.swf", "_US_SUMlev_2DId", "425", "305", "0", "1");

US_SUMlev_2DId.setDataURL("../Gallery/Data/mef1_29_12_2009_14_8_35_375_US_SUMlev_2014_2D.xml");

US_SUMlev_2DId.render("US_SUMlev_2DIddiv");

</script>

<div id="US_SUMlev_2DIddiv" ></div>

var US_SUMlev_2DId = new FusionCharts("../Charts/MSCombi2D.swf", "_US_SUMlev_2DId", "0", "0", "0", "1");

// US_SUMlev_2DId.setDataURL("../Gallery/Data/mef1_29_12_2009_14_8_35_375_US_SUMlev_2014_2D.xml");

US_SUMlev_2DId.render("US_SUMlev_2DIddiv");

</script>

</div>

</code>

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

In case you need to export the chart to the server-side, you need to render them on the Browser page atleast once.

Hope this helps. :)