Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Bubble Chart, element on position (0,0)

I've a bubble chart with just one bubble, whose position is X=0 and Y=0. The problem I have is the positions on the X axis and Y axis are calculed wrong, setting max Y value 100, and y don't know which huge number for max X value.

I've tried setting all the documented axis settings with no luck.

Finally, I've found that if I change '0' with '0.1' in set x and y positions, the graphs shows well formed, so I suppose it's a matter of a division by zero catch.

This is the xml:

[chart showValues='1' use3DLighting='1' is3D='1' showPlotBorder='0' chartRightMargin='30' adjustDiv='0'

xAxisMinValue='0' xAxisMaxValue='5' yAxisMinValue='0' yAxisMaxValue='5'

caption='My Caption' subcaption='My Subcaption' xAxisName='X Axis Name' yAxisName='Y Axis Name'>

[categories>

[category x='0' label='0' />

[category x='1' label='1' showVerticalLine='1' />

[category x='2' label='2' showVerticalLine='1' />

[category x='3' label='3' showVerticalLine='1' />

[category x='4' label='4' showVerticalLine='1' />

[category x='5' label='5' />

[/categories>

[dataSet showValues='0'>

[set x='0' y='0' z='1.0000' alpha='90' name='Element Name' toolText='Element Name and Info' color='B4CC81' />

[/dataSet>

[/chart>

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum. :)

In Bubble chart the size of the Bubble depend on the value of the Z-axis.

Could you please try setting the value of the X-axis and Y-axis to zero and the value of the Z-axis to 0.1?

Hope this helps. :)

Guest Madhumita

Hey,

You are progressing correctly.

A bubble with z=0 means size is zero and hence you cannot see the bubble.

Setting z=0.1 will surely be a workaround for your issue.

Sorry if I didn't explained it well. The problem is not the size of the bubble. As you can see in the xml i've pasted, it says z='1.0'. The real problem is the position of the element on the graph, and the division lines also displaying incorrectly.

Note that this effect is noted when just one element is rendered.

Thanks for your time.

Guest Rajroop

Hello there,

The Bubble chart X-axis has to be defined explicitly, based on the position of the data plot. The Bubble chart's (X-axis)Divisional lines are being plot based on the specified location in the <set> element of the data.

For example:

<dataSet showValues='0'>

<set x='5' y='15' z='1.0000' alpha='90' name='Element Name' toolText='Element Name and Info' color='B4CC81' />

</dataSet>

If you use the above XML snippet, you would notice the Divisional lines of the chart coressponding to the data plot. This is because the 'x'(in the <set> element) is equal to 5, which inturn coressponds to the data range(0-5) mentioned in the <categories> element.

I hope I have been clear in my explaination of this particular behaviour of the Bubble chart. Please feel free to revert in case of any queries on this topic or otherwise. :cool:

I understand how the bubble graph works, and it's working fine with elements with x / y values greater than 0. I also fixed this adding 0.01 to each value, because it's close enough and not equal to 0.

If you tell me x=0 and y=0 are not valid values, I can understand it, but it may need a revision, as in my graph currently x=0 and y=0 values are valid values and must be rendered.

Anyway, i think it's a division by zero bug, gettin max-x (which is 0) and calculating the division lines by dividing something by max-x.

Guest Rajroop

Hey,

Yes, you are right on that point. We are here, after all, to serve your requirements. :)

I'm gald that you can work with the '0.01' workaround for now.

Thanks for reporting this. Once we reach a workaround/fix for this issue, we'll post the solution here.

Thank you for your patronage and patience.