Sign in to follow this  
Marcus Weidenfeller

Chart question

Hi - I'm using currently the trial version of your fusionchart v3. I have problems to create a line-chart with fixed y-axis values. The y-axis should display the possible answers of a poll. The x-axis should display the dates, the user have vote for this poll. So, on the chart I can see, how the User changed his opinion in the course of time.

Here an example:

(y-axis)

answer 1 x   x

answer 2   x

answer 3   x

answer 4

(x-axis)   8/10/07 8/11/07 8/12/07   8/13/07

The x shown as line-chart

Since I have more polls, the line-chart values of the x- and y-axis will create dynamically by my programm.

Obviously, I can't create this kind of chart only with the declaration of the "<set label='12.08.2007' value='answer 1' />". Can you give me some hints, how it is possible to solve my chart-problem?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Marcus Weidenfeller

Hi,

Currently, FusionCharts supports only numbers for <set value='xx' ...>. However, to simulate your chart, you can use the following method:

1. To each answer that you want to see on the y-axis, allot a unique numeric value - say 1 or 2 or 3.
  2. Now, put <set label='Date' value='Numeric value of answer' ..>
  3. Hide the y-axis values
  4. Plot each answer on y-axis as a trend line using the numeric value as start value and answer text as displayValue.