wmorris20

FusionMapsGUI map size

I have been able to successfully use the GUI to generate markers for maps. However, I have some specific maps that need markers bunched together tightly. Changing the map size would make it easier for me to place the markers.

Is there a way to change the map size? In FusionMapsGUI.js I have changed the map width and height, but the map size is not changing. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Ward

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

I'm afraid, there are certain issues with the GUI.

Once you create the codes in the GUI there you save them in some files and run them from there.

I understand the use of the GUI. My question is regarding the size of the map shown within the GUI itself. When placing markers, it would be nice to increase the size of the map. That would make it easier to place markers that are close together. I understand the GUI front end doesn't have an option to change the size of the map; however, my attempts to change the underlying code hasn't worked.

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

You can change the map sizes in the GUI form the FusionMapsGUI.js which is in the Tools > GUI > Resources Folder.

Please refer to the code below starting form line 46:

infosoftglobal.FusionMapsGUI.prototype.defineMapList = function(){

this.mapList.push({isMap:false,title:"Please select a map below",swf:"",width:0,height:0});

this.mapList.push({isMap:false,title:"------------------------------------",swf:"",width:0,height:0});

this.mapList.push({isMap:true,title:"World Map",swf:"FCMap_World.swf",width:750,height:400});

this.mapList.push({isMap:true,title:"World Map (8 Regions)",swf:"FCMap_World8.swf",width:570,height:290});

this.mapList.push({isMap:true,title:"World Map (All Countries)",swf:"FCMap_WorldwithCountries.swf",width:2160,height:1130});

this.mapList.push({isMap:true,title:"Europe",swf:"FCMap_Europe.swf",width:620,height:600});

this.mapList.push({isMap:true,title:"North America",swf:"FCMap_NorthAmerica.swf",width:675,height:675});

this.mapList.push({isMap:true,title:"Central America",swf:"FCMap_CentralAmerica.swf",width:610,height:470});

this.mapList.push({isMap:true,title:"South America",swf:"FCMap_SouthAmerica.swf",width:600,height:700});

this.mapList.push({isMap:true,title:"Asia",swf:"FCMap_Asia.swf",width:650,height:650}); .......................................

From here you can adjust the Map sizes in the GUI.

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

I have tested the GUI after changing the Map sizes in the code and it is working.

Could you please send us the .js file where you made the change and a screen-shot of a map after the chages have been made?